ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs to match Koni adjustables

2007 Megane R26
Hi guys, I'm looking to create a good fast road setup for my 182. The car already has the Eibach pro kit which is fine but I want to go further.
I bought a pair of Koni yellow adjustables for the rear but I can't turn the rebound any further than 1/2 turn from full soft as the rear starts jacking down.
I can live with a slightly firmer ride - would Cooksport springs be the answer?

2007 Megane R26
Are the rear Sportlines a higher spring rate than the Pro kit? I'd assume the fronts were as they're lower.
I don't mind lowering the car a bit as it can look a bit high from some angles.

Are the rear Sportlines a higher spring rate than the Pro kit? I'd assume the fronts were as they're lower.
I don't mind lowering the car a bit as it can look a bit high from some angles.
Sportlines and pro kit are the same rate this has been covered on here many years ago.

2007 Megane R26
I don't mind going lower as long as it doesn't adversely affect the drive. So Cooksport / Mark Fish springs and konis on the front? I'll check the bolt spacing today.
My last car was a 130i M Sport and that tried to batter the road into submission. Not my idea of a good road setup!

2007 Megane R26
If I can't get Konis for the front would new std 182 dampers be ok with the uprated springs?
I'm open to the idea of camber pins and better top mounts as long as they dont induce harshness.

Clio Trophy
The rears are the topic of this thread I belive, otherwise I got it wrong, only a complete muppet would ditch the front ones

2007 Megane R26
I've had the shocks on for a few weeks now, 1/2 turn from soft and they work really well. The back seems to stay very 'flat' through corners.
I still have more bodyroll than I'd like at the front - before I start buying springs & shocks does anyone upgrade the front arb?

Clio Trophy
I've had the shocks on for a few weeks now, 1/2 turn from soft and they work really well. The back seems to stay very 'flat' through corners.
I still have more bodyroll than I'd like at the front - before I start buying springs & shocks does anyone upgrade the front arb?

I set mine to 50/50 and have since done a extra 1/2 turn to hard