ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SQL Help

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Hey benders,

I'm trying to port a Business Objects query to an SQLPlus script (Oracle) -
I have built a table that pulls all the required data from the data warehouse (eqso01.svc_lvl) and it's aliased as tmp.

I am now creating some tables from this, which incorporates some of the calculations (variables) from business objects, and I've encountered what feels like Inception.... Hoping someone can make the SQL a little tidier.

I have 3 BO variables, two are done (the 3rd might be, but BO is down at the minute so I cant check my work)

BO Variable Direct P CodeS
round((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - sum(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes)) / count(distinct tmp.site_no),0)

BO Variable Direct OOS
round(((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - sum(tmp.p_code_in_stock)) - (sum(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes) - sum(tmp.dc_P_Code_In_Stock)))/count(distinct tmp.site_no),2)

^ These are correct

The third BO query is Direct Service Level
which in BO is:
=If([DIRECT P CODES] <> 0;([DIRECT P CODES]-[DIRECT OOS])/[DIRECT P CODES])

Which I need to port to SQL, and I think is something along the lines of
round((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - SUM(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes) - (sum(tmp.p_code_in_stock) - sum(tmp.dc_P_Code_In_Stock))) / nullif(count(distinct tmp.site_no), 0) /
nullif((sum(tmp.Status_9_P_Code) - sum(tmp.dc_status_9_p_Codes)) / count(distinct tmp.site_no), 0), 2)

I suspect this is wrong, but I cannot check at the minute, and it looks seriously dirty..... Can anyone with a clue shed some light.

<Awaits really helpful answers>

Last edited:

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I've tried gee pee tee, but if its shite in its shite out, innit

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I've tried gee pee tee, but if its shite in its shite out, innit
Can’t you put something like….

If direct p = this
Direct o = that
And direct service = them two

Remove the need to create them separately. It should be able to do that?

On my phone and defo not doing it for you :)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Not in sql?
I can use a case statement obviously but I can't reference columns in my current select? Which they would be?

Id have to do:
case when
<mess> then do x
Else <bigger mess > end

No?