ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sqqqqqqquuuuueeeeaaaaakkkkkkk

E36 328
rite, i think its just the fan belt but if u start a car from cold an rev it an it squeaks tel me its just the fan belt??????

DONT rip the s**t outta me for this question or i will GIVE.YOU.BEATS

thanks ;)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
if its the fan belt slipping then it wld get worse with lights and stuff on. im not mechanic but thats what mine did when the fanbelt slipped!

E36 328
it was only wen i revved it a bit an it stopped after like ten seconds

any idea of cost for a new one an cud i do it myself?

ValverInBits
If it sounds like a belt slipping it probably is.
try...Altenator drivebelt. You will know when it gets bad cos the battery will go flat.

Clio 172
I had this. Only sqeaked when cold and if you revved it.

I was told it was the harmonic balancer? Does this sound right? Jus had it fixed today. Hope I didnt get rippped off

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mine does the same, but also at some other half random times, but sometimes there seems like a pattern, spoke to mechanic, was told its just tensioning, if you happen to have a friend or good connection should only set you back a tenner or so.

Clio 172
  172 A Cupwork Orange™
yeh sounds like aux belt mine was the same a week ago got it done under warrenty was squeeling when i started after 20mps it stoped untill i started the car again...

all fixed now :D