ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaking inside the car somewhere?

Clio Alize 1.4
Hello all, this is my first post, so bear with me!

I just bought a wonderful 2001 Clio. There seems to be only one problem, not sure if it is serious, but regardless, it is a slight annoyance!

When driving there is a squeaking noise, which I first presumed to be coming from the driver's seat, but on further inspection, may be from somewhere else. When I 'shuffle' in the seat, I cannot hear anything. I can, however hear the noise especially when accelerating.

Another couple of issues, again im not sure of the importance of these: Firstly, when moving the clutch whilst driving, the gear stick seems to move slightly; and secondly, when the car is ticking over, there is a slight shudder every so often?

Wondering if any of you know what it may be, and how it may be resolved?

Thanks in anticipation
Dan

Noise is prob the sunroof rattling.

Slight shudder I would guess the rev's drop as well, could be an indicator that your coil pack will need changed.

Ph 1 172
the shudder might also be the fact that a lot of clios run a very low idle when they are just sitting there nowt to worry about get a video up might be able to help more mate.

and the squeaking is probably because its a french car lol they all have little noiseys from somewhere, are you sure its not your brakes though might be a stone stuck in them?

Clio Alize 1.4
HAHA ok thanks everyone. I suppose I should be grateful the problem isn't serious.

Think i will need to buy a new sound system :p

Clio Alize 1.4
Just thought I would post so that anyone with a similar problem in the future knows how i sorted it.

The squeaking was in fact the exhaust shielding. One of the bolts had come out, and simply needed screwing back in. Of course now I have the sunroof squeak aswell, but that's another matter!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just thought I would post so that anyone with a similar problem in the future knows how i sorted it.

The squeaking was in fact the exhaust shielding. One of the bolts had come out, and simply needed screwing back in. Of course now I have the sunroof squeak aswell, but that's another matter!

I was just about to post this up LOL :D thats what mine was drove me nuts for months !!!:mad:

Renault Clio Extreme 16v
yep i get the exact same symptoms, my squeaking seems to be coming from the front wheels :S

i get the shudder when the cars idle too. like at traffic lights etc.

people have told me also its the fact the cars french :)