ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaking noise!!!

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Hi guys,
In need of some help, I have a clio 1.4 rt and whilst driving I can here a sqeaking noise when I have the window down, the noise stops when I put my foot down on the clutch, I also get the same squeaking noise when I full lock the steering. Any ideas would be appreciated? Is it possibly anything to do with one of the belts or p/s pump?

Cheers

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
So would it need to be changed or can it just be adjusted? Would this be the same squeaking when I full lock or is that something different?
is the aux belt expensive to change?

Twingo GT
well the AUX belt i done myself and got the belt for something silly like £10 but everytime i turned it squealed worse lol

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
Yeah thats the same with mine, squeals worse wen I turn. Did all the sqeualing stop once u had changed that belt?

After a year of suffering and embarrassment with the squealing pig under my bonnet,

I have air con but on my granddads non air con clio i could see you slacken the alternator bolt through the belts, then use something to lever against the engine block onto the alternator which is how the belt is tensioned and then with tension re tighten, just a bit more to take the squeal away...

I took my grille off to get better access and finding a tool long, flat and strong enough was a challenge but used a iron bar... i recommend a long tyre lever for the job.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Hi guys,
From reading this my Clio is showing the same signs and symptoms; very embarrassing.
I thought it could be down to the fact i had two balding tyres, but i've changed them and its still doing it.
So like you said, is it the aux belt?

Mine only seems to do it from cold, and on full lock steering.

Could anyone take a video of this noise?
Cheers.

Clio 1.4 16V
Mines doing the same. how easy is it to change on the K4J engine. Any special tools needed like the timing belt?

Audi A3
ive just got my belts done at birchdown and its making a squealing noise on full lock too, surely cant be the aux belt?

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
I had a good listen to mine today, and my aux belt is making a noise.
However, it seems like a completely different noise; it sounds more wheel related than belt.