ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaking up front

Would a worn engine mount make a squeaking noise? How are you meant to check for play?

When rocking the engine, there is a bit of movement and it makes a noise.

Thanks.

BG 182
Get an assistant to apply handbrake and bring clutch to bite with engine on on 1st and see if you can isolate the noise. Never heard of a mount itself squeaking, although it could be the manifold hitting the heat shield, happy hunting :)

When do you get the squeak and from roughly what area?:dapprove:
It just seems to be over rough ground tbh, doesn't seem to do it on idle. It appears to be in the dashboard/front of car area.

Get an assistant to apply handbrake and bring clutch to bite with engine on on 1st and see if you can isolate the noise. Never heard of a mount itself squeaking, although it could be the manifold hitting the heat shield, happy hunting :)

thanks for your reply, ill have a closer look this weekend.

I had something very similar, turned out to be the engine undertray was mis-fitted and was rubbing against the subframe everytime I rocked the engine and created a squeaking noise. Also got the same noise when negotiating speed bumps etc.

I had something very similar, turned out to be the engine undertray was mis-fitted and was rubbing against the subframe everytime I rocked the engine and created a squeaking noise. Also got the same noise when negotiating speed bumps etc.

That would make sense, its taken a beating recently.

Thanks for your help.