ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeaking when turning and a little knock and rubbing noise when driving

172 Rep
as title says, driving me insane, sometimes it never makes the noise, but the rubbing noise drives me insane, always when i come off the throttle or brake?
as for the squeaking and turning i dont have a clue :(

anyone??

172 Rep
i have done and they just told me im clearly hearing things, apparently its normal?

Squeaking a knocking is more dominant on full lock to the right at slow speeds, and the rubbing occurs mainly at 40mph and 70mph, clueless to what it is

AG 200 Cup
Had a similar sounding problem a couple of months ago......

For me the knocking (when on full lock) was a snapped spring and the squeaking (slow cornering e.g whilst parking) was both front ball joints worn out

172 Rep
Had a similar sounding problem a couple of months ago......

For me the knocking (when on full lock) was a snapped spring and the squeaking (slow cornering e.g whilst parking) was both front ball joints worn out

just had new wishbones and ball joints on the car, never suspected a spring, glad i got new ones going on, i'll sort it tomorrow, cheers mate

172 Cup
On the off chance, check your front arch liners. One of mine had a broken clip and it was just close enough to the wheel to catch occasionally.

172 Rep
mines a 172 rep, done the foolish thing and left the standard arch liners in, took them out and the noise is still there, could be anything i suppose, :dapprove: