ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky Recaro

Really silly question I know, I've got a Trophy, not even done 400 miles in it yet, but the side of the drivers seat squeaks everytime it goes under load. When I'm trying to enjoy the handling on a nice bendy lane, it sounds like I'm in a flippin' rowing boat! Will it stop when I've got a few more miles on the car, or is it a warranty job? The noise is coming from the top right of the seat in the area of the shoulder support. Cheers.

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
my passanger seat does that in the CUP. sounds like a mouse in the works, but usually only when i have a passanger, my mechanic brother rekons its the foam rubbing on the metal. he was gonna sort it but never got to it, just ignore it now!

Clio v6
Just been reading another forum and many Recaro owners have exactly the same problem. All went back to the dealers who sprayed some sort of silicon on them.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I wouldnt hesistate to book it in. shouldnt be doing that with so few miles on clock, even if its a renault!!

80MPG BEEZA
I have corbreau carreras in black half leather in my clio and my passenger one is fine but my drivers seat is squeaky i tighten up all the bolt including the four mounting ones and the squeak has now gone if the didnt work grease the nuts and replace them tightly :) jobs a gud un