ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squealing Bearing (Clutch)

197 FF Glacier White
Guys,

Since the cold snap my Cup has been left stood, so about two weeks. Its warmed up a bit here so used it to commute the last couple of days. I've noticed it has gained a squeal that gains frequency with engine revs, but stops when I depress the clutch.

I'm guessing release bearing or similar but I can't be sure.

Is there a sure fire way of knowing, or, will it just be down to the temp at the moment, it does go away when the car is up to temp. (driven a few miles, not just sat on idle)

Car has covered 40k. I've read very little about clutch issues on the forum, however, this is not the clutch as such.

Thoughts?

Gareth

172 cup, Impreza P1
Had this on my car at about the same mileage. Got it checked under warranty as I thought it was the release bearing on it's way out. Seemed to stop squealing after the car had warmed up.

Ended up not being the bearing itself but was dirt and s**t in the bearing and so not covered under warranty. I needed a new clutch anyway so got that fitted at the same time.

If you can live with it I would until you need a new clutch.

197 FF Glacier White
It's stopped doing it now! I'm not worrying about it to be honest, the car had been stood for a couple of weeks, now it's got a further 250 miles under it's belt, all is well.

Ta

G