ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squealing noise Clio 197 misaligned crankshaft pulley ?

Clio sport 197
Hi,
I have noticed that I have a squealing noise coming from my engine.
I guess it might be from the crankshaft pulley which seems to be misaligned, (see Video ). Is that normal? Maybe someone can check on their own clio 197.

To give som background history, I recently myself changed the timing belt, dephaser pulley, tensioner, aux belt, tensioner etc. I remember I tightned the crankshaft pulley bolt to 120-125Nm caus it felt like the thread would go off if I gave it more. What I read on the forum It should be between 130-140Nm

Thanks for a good forum!
Cheers from Sweden :)

BR
Frederic

2003 Clio 172
If it is like the 172 engine, that will be one of those mass damper crank pulleys that separate the core and outer with rubber

This perishes and the inner and outer spin separately and can sometimes squeal.....worst case is the outer will come off and everything under the bonnet will become "special"

Worth a check. I put some white paint on the inner and outer of my pulley (lined up) until i heard the noise again, when i checked, they had moved apart so i knew that was bad

J