ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeek in engine

I have a new clio sport, and from the right hand side of the engine, I can hear a squeek, it sounds just like a budgie.Still there when the clutch is depressed or not.Had it been an old car, it sounds like a slipping fan belt.

Any ideas please(No, I have checked, and there is not a budgie onboard).

Sensible answers only please.

And just in case you young ones out there consider yourselves speed freaks, I am 62yrs old, and can still show the boy racers a few tricks!!!.

V. Meldrew

LOL Yeah if mines anything to go by they will replace everything until they get the correct bit - but your is new so go cause havoc!!

320d M Sport

just thinking theres not really much in that area of the engine bay so it might be your belt after all?

I had a tentioner bearing thingy go when mine was 9 months old, sounded like a squeek...Ren replaced it no probs under warrenty...they did say NOT to drive it like that tho :confused:

Mine makes a squeaking noise when the accelerator is pressed and so does my parents Corsa, they are both 1.2 16vs, I thought it was a sound they just made

Re the above fault, I have fitted a duel (One either side Ascar exhust system, a Piper Viper cold air induction kit, and the new curved wing from E.S.P.

I want to fit an oil pressure guage, in P.S.I. and not in BAR, has anyone fitted one, as I wish to retain the onboard dash warning light, plus have the visible readout on the guage.However, the 172 seems to have a very large sender unit, and I cant find a "T" piece anywhere.Any one done this conversion, if so can you advise please?.

I had a belt squeak and had a new pulley fitted and then it got worse and they replaced the whole pulley/tensioner as it snapped. All ok now (it was only a few weeks old when this happened.

Re Piper Induction kit. Its not an air leak is it ???

Quote: Originally posted by VivJ on 24 June 2003

I had a tentioner bearing thingy go when mine was 9 months old, sounded like a squeek...Ren replaced it no probs under warrenty...they did say NOT to drive it like that tho :confused:
Had the exact same thing with my auxillary tensioner, no warranty for me tho and it set me back some pennies... theres a known problem with the cambelt tensioners making a noise on earlier models so it mite be related to that :confused:

Also after having my tensioner replaced it still makes a slight whinning noise...

Renault said its suppose to make that noise (hmmmm... is it now!) :cry:

Ad

MK2 FRS

There is a technical note for modified pulleys and pretensioners. This is what i had done abot 4weeks ago. It will get steadily worse so get it booked in ASAP.

MAGNET, suggest you grow up, it seems that you have these pets.when you do grow up, you will appreciate that most people want an answere to the problems that they have with their cars , and thanks to all who have posted suggestions re the squeek.