ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeeking noise from cold start...... elp

this morning when leaving the drive.. had my music off.. and window down... i noticed after getting to 40... not ragging or anything... gear changing at 2500-3000rpm. when i let off the accelerator... theres a like a mouse squeeking noise coming from front of car.. either front right wheel or something... only at low speed this happens tho i think? or when i go over a bump...

could possibly be the front shocker? or possibly a bearing?

If so... this could be my valid point i need to get it lowered. :) without my parents on my back for spending more money on it!

Cheers James

Williams 2, STi N12

Not just a loose alternator belt??

If it was a bearing you will hear it more going round corners one way or the other. Like a dull grinding noise.

Shockers, dunno. Check for leaks. The springs do have a habbit of breaking though, the last inch or so shears off and sits in the support cup, then only rattles when you go over a bump. Just give them a once over, mine have only just been changed.

Sorry I cant help much.

cheers for advice

will check alternator belt when i go home tonight.

and the springs. but i might just buy a suspension kit and be done with it anyway

Although the ride quality of the williams standard suspension is spot on.

Sounds like a belt, mine does it when its damp in the morning. Does the sound go away once the car in warmed up?

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Sounds like a loose fan belt !!

Might need a new one !! Only cheap and easy to fit !!