ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeky clutch but not all the time

hi all, I'm trying to start learning a bit more about my car and this is one thing I need to srt asap I think.
the clutch on my car seems to be tight/sqeeky but not from cold.
Only seems to be after I've done about 5/10 miles.
Any ideas? Is this just a clutch change needed or is this something that can be sorted with fluids?

Hiya, got a clio 172 - 2001.
definitely doesn't sound normal to me to be honest and does feel tight.
Just know renault will want at least £200 to even look at it with taking the gear box out etc.

Weeman sucks ****
Your clutch cable is rubbing or the clutch is wearing out. I've had mine changed before and now squeek is back, plus my clutch needs changing too...ouch goes the wallet.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
I sure its not your clutch thats the problem.

I have read other threads about this problem as mine is the same.

The squeeky cable is apparently because the cable is so long.

I have been told that oiling it sort the problem out for a while but I have'nt tried it myself yet.

I find my clutch is all or nothing.

When I first got the car I stalled it a few times and hill starts are still a bit of a nightmare.

I went from driving an Audi A4 which had a very light clutch so I think it depends on what car you had before.

hi there sorry to hi jack thread but my clutch is very stiff and squeakes also so lifting it up from a standing start makes it a bit of a crap job!!! what could that be just a new cable, oiling or new clutch complete many thanks

www.renparts.co.uk
mines the same. been to reno and they don't seem to be able to sort it. Think its something to do with the clutch pedal asssembly, you can hear it creaking when the car is warm, mine goes fine for a a bit if i remove the cable where it attaches to the gearbox arm bit and pull cable in and out a few times by hand then reattach it. After a day or so it goes heavy again. Got a feeling its the master cylinder/pedal assembly problem. mine goes in for it again on the 19th..
ta
josh

Ok, cheers guys, bloomin battery went this morning as well, not having much luck with this at the moment.
Got in this morning, turned the key and just saw some faint flickering lights on the dashboard, brilliant.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mines the same, all or nothing, makes gear changes very notchy at times, power comes on hard quickly.

The Beast MK4
Mines squeaking a bit just now. Ive been informed to grease up the linkage by Mr Eviljohn. If that fails then garage £££ time again.

Still got to get a new steering rack as well. :(

was 172 Cup now 197
Mines the same, I've posted about it before and was told to spray loads of GT85 at the point where the cable goes into the engine bay and loads where it meets the gearbox. Not knowing much about mechanics and not being able to get under the car I've have no joy trying the latter. Suffice it to say my clutch is still squeaking away merrily to itself!! :( Does anyone have any pictures of the cable going into the gearbox so I know where to spray??

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
my vavler clutch feels like im going to push my foot thru the firewall..really really stiff.. i had a clutch cable snap on me a few weeks back Oh and a note for anyone DONT USE AFTERMARKET CLUTCH CABLES! I went thru two in as many days i got a genuine renault part and wehay its all good cost me 2quid more than the MCR s**t....

but getting back on track.. is anyone elses Valver cluch really heavy ?

Cheers yall

Fred ive heard loads about changing to the cable but what exactly has happened to the existing cable to make it perform like this?
My 182 does this also. Classic, fine when cold but as it gets driven it gets creaky/squeeky....

Rob.