ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ss manifold

Golf V6 4Motion

Does anybody know where I can get a ss manifold for my 16v other than K-tec racing? nobody wants to make them as a one off or even start to make them because of the development costs.

cheers

chris leonard

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Also bb tuning were developing one. I am also after one, wish someone would bring one out for around £200-250. Theyd sell sh*te loads.

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 25 May 2004

Also bb tuning were developing one. I am also after one, wish someone would bring one out for around £200-250. Theyd sell sh*te loads.
why would it? Other then the fact it wont rust why would people buy them?

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Check out supersprints website, think their recorded power increases are about 5bhp with manifold.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 25 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 25 May 2004

why would it? Other then the fact it wont rust why would people buy them?
It would be lighter, better looking, not corrode, and if designed well would yeild more power and torque.

172 Exclusive

I have one on mine and just recently snapped at the weld they work well the car really opens up at 5500rpm on the 1800 with one on.

Mine is a supersprint one they are not cheap thats a downfall and theya re the same as the K-Tec ones.

But apparently they are gonna stop making them according to K-tec when i spoke to them last week when mine had snapped

172 Exclusive

Yeah snapped at the weld due to vibration because there was no spring joint on it.

I bought it from K-tec but they could not get one for atleast a month so they asked supersprint and they had one spare so they where gonna send it down to K-tec to send to me, But it never got to K-tec it ended up on display on the supersprint stand then supersprint sent it direct to me but missing the springs for the spring joint and i fitted it not knowing i had too

Golf V6 4Motion

thanks for that lads;

obviously if you put a spring joint on it wouldnt break - also a new dog bone generally reduces exhaust movement so that might help too. supersprint sounds good - ill take a look.

cheers

chris

250:eek:

i wanted one for ages but wouldnt pay the full whack for one and funnily enough they dont crop up second hand very often!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Quote: Originally posted by Snufty on 25 May 2004

Yeah snapped at the weld due to vibration because there was no spring joint on it.

I bought it from K-tec but they could not get one for atleast a month so they asked supersprint and they had one spare so they where gonna send it down to K-tec to send to me, But it never got to K-tec it ended up on display on the supersprint stand then supersprint sent it direct to me but missing the springs for the spring joint and i fitted it not knowing i had too
Wheres this spring joint ? manifold to downpipe or dowpipe to Cat ?

There are springs for the cat / downpipe but the downpipe to manifold just clamps together.

I made a bracket for the join for manifold to downpipe to help support it against the engine.

350z & 16v Maxi

sorry not read this since i posted, but if anyone wants one for £275 then i can get it through my work