ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold bolt lengths… odd ‘bolts too long’ issue

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So, my 182 project has developed a misfire on idle and I wanted to start some fault finding but I noticed an issue that it was loose at the rear in spite of all bolts being in and tight.

when I took it off, I found that 3 bolts look the right length (25mm) and 4 are 5mm longer so won’t fully tighten in the rear two or front right hand two holes without fouling.

BUT they are all identical heads, all old, and I’m pretty sure all original bolts, so I’m worried that the back street garage has mixed the manifold joint bolts with some similar, but slightly longer ones from elsewhere while doing the timing belts.
I’d like to put everything back where it should be so wondered if anyone knows whether the bolts may have come from??

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
I could be wrong but I think the coil pack to inlet manifold bolts are longer than the others? Maybe worth a look as there’s 4 of those

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I could be wrong but I think the coil pack to inlet manifold bolts are longer than the others? Maybe worth a look as there’s 4 of those
You get a gold star. Exactly that. Sorted. Shame it didn’t fix the misfire tho… 🤣