ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stainless Steel Exhaust

If I got a full SS system will the cat be removed or do i have to buy a cat bypass pipe basically when it comes to mot time can i just put the cat back on

Silver Fabia vRS

You can get lots of different SS exhausts, usually to suit your preference. You can have a different back box, cat back manifold back including sports cats or manifold straight through with no cats. Bear in mind if you do want to remove the cats it WILL fail an MOT,

Geoff

BMW 320d Sport

Well it depends on what you mean by a full system. To my mind a full system means everything from the cylinder head backwards. But no-one does full systems like that really. The usual is a cat back system, therefore you retain the manifold, downpipe and cat, if you want to get rid of the cat you need a decat pipe.

If your car runs well, and is efficient it may even pass an MOT. A few friends of mine have successfully passed MOTs with the de-cat pipe still in place...ok, its rare, but it may happen.

BMW 320d Sport

Helps if you have an ecotek, thatll usually get you through even without a cat, as long as the engines in good nick.