ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalling when reversing?!

Hi

I just got out of work. Started my car, Reversed and the car cut out or stalled. The second time it happened the little box with a heart beat came on and a coil type sign came up.

Any ideas?

Cheers

CJ

Last edited:
was only doing about 1500 to 2000 rpm.

Is a coil pack dear to replace and what is a TDC sensor?

Also the light has gone out it didnt stay on. I turned the car off and started it up again

Cheers lads

CJ

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
see if it happens again. i take it was a cold engine, see if its a bit lumpy/hesitant when cold

was only doing about 1500 to 2000 rpm.

Is a coil pack dear to replace and what is a TDC sensor?

Also the light has gone out it didnt stay on. I turned the car off and started it up again

Coil pakcs fail loads on petrol worse on the 1.4 and 1.6 for some reaosn and ther eindividual you cna usualy tell though as they do make the whole running go wierd as such.

TDC is the top dead center sensor its a common problem £20 for a new one.

Check the throttle body though for dirt etc.

Cheers lads

When it happened last time i took it to a guy and he said it sounded like a Rev managmenet problem or something. Its like a unit at the top of the engine, in a silver metal casing with wires going into it.

As you can sort of tell im not mechanically minded so i dont know what im talkin about!

Cheers tho lads

Chris

1*4 phhslow
can you remember what it was ??? how much ?? my 1.4 is doing exactly the same now really anoying and dont no what to do !!!

Iceburg 172FF
My old 1.4 used to do this every morning, and pretty much every time i reversed, used to piss me right off. I found if i backed off the accelerator slowly and put the clutch in it didnt do it as much, never did find out what caused it...