ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172 cat worth anything?

2004 RB182 Cup
My 172 cup is now sold and I have the cat here for it. Are they worth anything to sell or scrap?

I've paid £40 for them twice now to put badly modified cars back on the road legally. With the value of 172s as it is, the price of a new cat writes them off effectively.

monaco 172
Can't be worth a great deal.

I bought a brand new one from bm catalysts for 90 quid.

Passed the mot fine and is still corrosion free 18 months later..

2004 RB182 Cup
Not sure if this is genuine though. Can't see any markings on it but it is rather pitted. Are standard ones a specific shape in comparison to aftermarket? Seen someone mentioned a square cat.

2004 RB182 Cup
$_86.JPG.jpg

Mine is the same as this

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
It's only the Renault stamped ones that are worth anything scrap value due tot he rare metals.

They go for 140-180 depending on where and when you go.

2004 RB182 Cup
It's only the Renault stamped ones that are worth anything scrap value due tot he rare metals.

They go for 140-180 depending on where and when you go.
I don't see any markings on this whatsoever. I'll give it a clean up and have a look tomorrow. Any idea where abouts on it the logo should be?

dan's cast offs.
What's in a genuine one that makes it so much rarer if they both do the job of lowering the emissions to be able to pass an mot?

TREASURE!!!!!!

(You've got to read that in a pirate voice for it to have the effect I was aiming for)

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Platinum and rare metal content in the originals is supposedly quite high, that's why they command a premium

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium, worth (roughly) $830, $1400 and $2500 per Ounce respectively.

The cheaper ones are ceramic based IIRC and worthless.