ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172 Equip.. Alpine

On my multichanger it says designed by Alpine, does this mean that if i rip out the original Head unit i wont be able to use it with my sony minidisc head? It has multi changer control but i dont know if the 2 are compatible as standard.

Has anyone here got a sony head that works with the original Multichanger?

Leon Cupra

I was told that the changer will not work with any other head unit at all not even other Alpine or clio head units.

I think it IS alpine and uses the old M-Bus conection and not the new Ai-Net. It might be possible to get an old alpine to go but im in the same possition - i want my sony md head in.

Ive found a M-bus to Ai-Net converter but its the wrong way around - anyone know if there are reversable?

Unfortunately people there is no way that dealer equipment will work with after market stuff (except for the sony sound on top stuff!) the changer will only work with the headunit, and neither are compatible with other stuff. it is something that dealers insist manufacturers do to ensure that we keep going back to dealers for audio upgrades! (

I spoke to the Renault dealer and he said that Renault do absolutely nothing to the stereo they get from apline and that it "should" be able to work with other alpine kit - yeah right!

Ford Fiesta

Renault dealors know very little I have found.
But I am now going to my local Renault dealor for £25 worth of free optimax, and to pick up my Clio models.

Ford Fiesta

im classed as "staff" working for Sunwin and sunwin own sunwin Renault so they give £100 free petrol to all staff who buy cars. Cr@p if you ask me so I made sure i got more free stuff than just that but free petrol is good too.
also the wee models are great!