ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172 Master cylinder union layout

I'm just trying to find the standard layout from factory to what ports in the MC go to what wheel on a 172 cup.

d15716920af4440d9006d4251827e319.jpg

A=
B=
C=
D=

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
A = 3 Drivers front M10x1
B = 2 Passenger rear M10x1
C = 1 Drivers rear M12x1
D = 4 Passenger front M12x1

@Mash.

Top man, thank you - this is currently how mine is set, but apparently pretty dangerous because of how the master cylinder is split for safety etc

11170d29ba710cfc59de7ed8cb23bbe2.jpg

@Pauleds

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Don't know how they can say that's wrong as such as you still have one front and one rear into each gallery of the master cylinder, its pretty much the same setup as im using on my clio.

Don't know how they can say that's wrong as such as you still have one front and one rear into each gallery of the master cylinder, its pretty much the same setup as im using on my clio.
Yeah maybe the fact that I've t pieced the 2 rear lines into 1 line?

how do you run yours mate?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
DSC_0330.JPG

That's how mine will be, and it's pretty much how all my rally cars have been.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
My sprint car was the same layout, just without the hydraulic handbrake

My sprint car was the same layout, just without the hydraulic handbrake
Right ok, do you think I'll see any problems with how I've set it up in terms of too much bias on the front or problems in general?

A few members I've been speaking ti have it set up as mine is I think (left side of servo fronts/ right is rears)

I think maybe I'm just not used to a car without any electronical assistance, as It seems that I am over braking and locking up the fronts pretty easily...

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I tend to run a bit more rear brakes so prefer the adjustability of a bios valve, so perhaps by changing your pressure reducers for an adjustable bios valve it may balance the car a bit more. Perhaps your reducers are sending very little pressure to the rear.
As for the way you have the m/c piped, I cant see it being any different to have it being crossed over. The front 2 ports are linked, the rear 2 ports are linked. Having the fronts piped from one side, and rears from the other wont matter.
I am assuming that your brakes are currently working well and not pulling to either side when you jump on them, just locking the fronts.
If its just one front, then look at bleeding them and/or checking caliper condition.
If its both, then get stickier tyres!

I tend to run a bit more rear brakes so prefer the adjustability of a bios valve, so perhaps by changing your pressure reducers for an adjustable bios valve it may balance the car a bit more. Perhaps your reducers are sending very little pressure to the rear.
As for the way you have the m/c piped, I cant see it being any different to have it being crossed over. The front 2 ports are linked, the rear 2 ports are linked. Having the fronts piped from one side, and rears from the other wont matter.
I am assuming that your brakes are currently working well and not pulling to either side when you jump on them, just locking the fronts.
If its just one front, then look at bleeding them and/or checking caliper condition.
If its both, then get stickier tyres!

Yeah fair enough, yeah I run the rear lines through a AP racing bias valve.

Yeah not one side yeah just fronts, well it was one side but that was down to a kinked pipe, but that's sorted now, can't get much stickier than direzzas - maybe they wernt warmed up enough when I tried.

Awesome thanks for your help though!