ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard alarm 172....??

actively looking
Just bought an 02 plate 172 just a quick question do the 172's have an alarm as standard?

Coz im not sure mines got one?

Cheers

M2 Competition
Will just be an internal alarm.

Get someone to sit in the car, close doors, press your key to lock the car, and get them to wave their arms about to set it off.

actively looking
Yep they have them as standard.

Don't think the imports did though.

F*** well that will be why then, i was told it was uk spec so i assumed that ment it had everything the uk model had is there anything else missing from uk model that i should kno about??

Focus RS
Yep they have them as standard.

Don't think the imports did though.

F*** well that will be why then, i was told it was uk spec so i assumed that ment it had everything the uk model had is there anything else missing from uk model that i should kno about??

As far as i know imports have no alarm and no locking wheel nuts, only recently found out this info though cos mine had neither, not a problem though just sorted these things myself, not bothered its an import just cost a bit more.

actively looking
lol i couldnt find "my" locking wheel nut key so that would solve that one too then. hmmm slightly annoyed now... none of this was told to me before i bought the car:mad:

actively looking
It was but not much cheaper are there many imports about? and who were importing them?

Focus RS
lol i couldnt find "my" locking wheel nut key so that would solve that one too then. hmmm slightly annoyed now... none of this was told to me before i bought the car:mad:

Me neither mate, not sure they have to tell you but yeah your right they should.

Peperami - I agree, i paid 12995 for my brand new 06 plate, at the time i thought it was an ok price but kind of wished i picked one up second hand now as plenty of bargains about.

SLK 350
Cobra = UK standard alarm, alarm button on key.

Sigma = UK import alarm, additional key fob.

(Import cars won't have window etching, or locking wheel nuts as standard, oh and there's bugger all difference in prices really)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I just got hold of a 172 this week, well it's comming over the pond from Luton area soon :)

Doesn't mention an alarm in the spec, should I enquire whether it's an import or not?

actively looking
ah well i have till tomoro to take it back on the 7 day returns policy thing but i really like the car and its low mileage and i really like flame red and theres not many about not sure wat to do:S

and yer mate prob worth asking if its an import

SLK 350
It should have an alarm, they're fitting when they come into the UK at dockside. Doesn't it have the sensors on the A pillars, or the red LED next to the gearstick?

Da

Less
Check your insurance if it's an import guys! No CAT 1 alarm could invalidate your policies!