ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Alarm

Hi all, just wondering - as I cant find any reference to it in the owners manual - whether or not my car is equipped with deadlocks and a standard alarm.

its an 04 dynamique so a phase 3 one of the later models and dynamique spec is pretty much top of the range, barring the 172/182 RS models.

anyone know.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Does the alarm set with the button on the key if so its more than likely a UK Thatcham spec. dockside fit upgrade (standard alarm)

Get inside the car, arm it and see if you can open the doors from the inside, if not..............Yes!... it has dead-locking.

Does that help ?

yeah Brian I did think of sitting in the car, pressing the lock button on my keyfob then trying to open the car via the door handles or pressing the lock/unlock button on the dash (button next to hazard lights switch) and if they dont do anything its got deadlocking.

but how can I find out if the car has an alarm or not is what I want to know??

its a 2004 mk2 ph3 dynamique so should it have a std alarm?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
There should be an LED somewhere on the centre console and the ultrasonic units on the A posts. The alarm sets from the radio-key, lock the doors, you've set the alarm.

If you do have deadlocks, you cant set them from the switch on the console, only from the remote IIRC

the only leds I have in my interior are a flashing red 1 on the dash dials between the STOP light and the SERV light, assuming this is the immobiliser LED???

and the lock button on the dash next to the hazard lights switch has an led which lights up permanently for x amount of time I.e. stays constantly lit red for a period of time after pressing the lock button on the keyfob but then goes out completely and doesnt "flash" either like the one on the dash dials for the immobiliser.

I also dont think I have the sensor "feeler" things on the a pillars at either side of the windscreen

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
The Led in the dash IS the immobiliser and the locking button flashes for a few seconds when you lock the car.

Was the car imported directly then, as it sounds like there is no alarm fitted.

The direct imports wont have locking wheel nuts and window etching either.

its deffo a UK spec Dynamique,

it HAS locking wheel nuts, window etchings, the WARNING RENAULT front window stickers, UK dealer filled in service book, UK FSH and was supplied brand new by a UK renault dealer.

was just checking as as far as I knew only 172/182s were the only clios to have a standard alarm.

it HAS locking wheel nuts, window etchings, the WARNING RENAULT front window stickers, UK dealer filled in service book, UK FSH and was supplied brand new by a UK renault dealer.

was just checking as as far as I knew only 172/182s were the only clios to have a standard alarm.

Dci 80 /100 and 1.6 16V had them as well.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Ive seen many DCi's without alarms.... just the standard Ren Imob which is Cat 2

iirc the alarms were only fitted to the RS models when they arrived here...

Ive seen many DCi's without alarms.... just the standard Ren Imob which is Cat 2

iirc the alarms were only fitted to the RS models when they arrived here...
Yep dci 65 don't have alarms as standard.

The 80 and 100 dci plus 1.6 were dealership standard fitment I'm sure. (rarther than dockside fitment)
my 02 1.2 16v dynamique has an alarm as standard!

It won't it must have been fitted in error or something.

but 1.2 and 1.4 dynamiques dont??

why on earth does the diesel version and the 1.6 get an alarm, yet the 1.2 and 1.4 dont when they are all still Dynamique models all the same.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
got a feeling 1.4 privelges (sp) have one as well but dont quote me on that, its was the same on the mk2 ph1 my 1.6 has an alarm and so has the rxe version but 1.4s dont.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I think the higher insurance rating on the sport models has dictated the need for a Cat1 upgrade on the factory immobiliser.

The other models may have had dealer fit as a promotion, or specified by the first owner.

The bottom line is, your car would appear not to have an alarm fitted.

You have 2 options then, if you want/need a Cat1 upgrade, you must have it fitted by a VSIB certified installer.

If you just want to upgrade it for peace of mind, then look at this one.
Its the one Renault fit as an accessory and charge 3 times as much for it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIGMA-S12-VEH...ryZ75329QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem