ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Cd Player, Sub?

Mk2 Clio
i have just brought a sub and amp (fli active 100w) and wandering if possible to connect up to the standard clio mk2 cd player.

i much prefer it than many aftermarket head units, its also cheaper to.

is it possible to do?

i know you can get a line out converter so that the RCA pre-outs runs off the rear speakers, but im not sure about the remote control needed for the sub.

any help would be great thanks

Mk2 Clio
does it really sound that bad? my mates done it and sounds fine to me, for a lil bit bass?

ignition feed, weres that, sorry dont know to much about cars

thanks

Mk2 Clio
ok thank you, been told there be a diagram in my booklet i got with the car.

i been told you place the wire in the fuse holder and then push the fuse in, this correct sounds dodgy to me

if any help its a clio mk2 05 plate

thanks

that is the sketchiest way ever!
for best results solder to the ignition feed but make sure you fit an inline fuse

Mk2 Clio
seems way to confusing, kinda think i should of just brought a head unit now, many websites are saying that just placing the cabel in the fuse holder will be ok,

its the line out converter im really stuck on, i hear it uses both left and right speakers but no one can tell me exactly what to do, been researhing this since around 9 now lol

ok on that image i posted above
block b pins 1 and 2 are right rear,connect the right line on the loc to this,then pins 7 and 8 connect to the left line on loc then black to earth

Mk2 Clio
ok so you dont acturly have connect the wires to the rear speakers, you connect the wires to the the back of the radio?

thanks

1.2 Clio
not without overloading the on board amp of the head unit
if you dont go aftermarket this is the problem you face
Surely he could series the convertor into the original loom to the rears, as opposed to parallel them. Thus raising impedance, and puting less a strain on his HU.
Ok, he will lose volume on his rears, and on his convertor, but volume loss in the rear wont be great, and his gains can make up for the loss the convertor see's.

if he wants a sub he may aswell bin the rear speaker setup or as you have said lost volume for speakers and sub making it even less pointless to do with a reduced volume,you wont even hear the rears