ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard ph2 cd stereo like jumps track play * Explained*

172 SPORT PH2
It has happen ever since i bought the car?

Bought a cd lens cleaner, didnt suss it.. so thought it could be the cd, so bought a new one, didnt suss it!

Basicly, when i have it on, it like cuts out, then comes back on, but its a brief second cut!? then it resumes!?

Its like some on has paused it, then unpaused it??

What can this be? Driving me nuts ?

Mini JCW
The same happened with my standard cd player, also skipped over any scratch / fingerprint etc, just put it down to the poor quality of the components used tbh.

Much better with the 9887r, no skipping issues at all :)

172 SPORT PH2
yea, i thought that but i didnt want to hear that, as i cant be faffing around with a new cd player, plus i want and like my controls near the indicator stalk to work still aswell, where the steering wheel is, behind that!!! its a much improvement over my old car : Saxo VTS ;)

you can still have them working with an aftermarket headunit,you dont have to spend the earth,i do units starting at £60 that are stalk compatible

172 SPORT PH2
i know that and i would come to you if i was needed one, but i just spent over 200 pound on 4 brand new toyo tyres, + 450 of loans!! thats gone out my bank :( boo hoo !

Any other ideas is to the problem, gonna take a look at its overal condition on sat i think , after the gym, where can i get these cd keys things from ?

Mini JCW
Any car audio outlet, halfords etc should stock them mate.

You would be better buying a decent HU, the sound is much, much improved with a decent source.

172 SPORT PH2
im looking at a 300 pound blaupunkt cd unit, brand new, reduced to 75 pound! got alot of features? what you recon, bargain ?

172 SPORT PH2
here it is :

http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7647661310_main.asp

No hiss, crackle or fade - thanks to Digital Radio, you'll enjoy radio reception in CD quality. The Nashville DAB47 is convincing proof of Blaupunkt's leading role in DAB technologies: Outstanding reception and excellent equalizing gets the best out of your music every time. And to top it all off: you can record, store and play back your favourite hits on the SD card at the touch of a button.
Functions
Data carrier

• CD: CD-R, CD-RW
  • Memory cards: MMC, SD
Audio-Player

• Playback format: MP2, MP3
Digital Radio (DAB)

• DAB-modes: I, II, III, IV
  • Digital recorder: Yes
  • Pre-selection possibilities (weather, news, traffic): Yes
  • Reception of primary and secondary services: Yes
Radio

• Type of tuner: DigiCeiver
Equaliser

• Number of bands: 5
  • Design/Model: full parametric
  • Type: digital
Amplifier

• Max. Power (Watt): 4 x 50
Display

• Type: DOT (2-line)
Inputs

• Aux-In (number of): 2
  • Bluetooth: via interface
  • Voice output: Navigation, Telephone
Outputs

• TMC-Out (traffic announcements): Yes
  • Subwoofer (features): fixed
  • Pre-amplifier (channels, voltage): 4 Channel (4V)
General

• Front panel: removable, detachable

Mini JCW
Looks 'ok', and for the money I guess you can't complain.

4 x 50w output is healthy too (depends on RMS though), i'd still consider a refurbed unit off MT Audio, maybe a pio or alpine, as even with refurbs you get a warranty :).