ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Renault tweeter question

BMW 120i Sport

Car in question is a 182.

Is there a crossover seperate to the tweeter in the front? or is it built into this tweeter?

Reason im asking is because the Vibe units im looking to buy have cable with in-line crossovers that i fit between the cable and the tweeter (instead of a muckle box), but im unsure if there is a factory fitted crossover i need to remove first?

Cheers

G

[Edited by Big G on 1/2/2005 3:54:08 PM]

Polo + Micra

id imagine that renault used a bi-polar electrolitic capacitor

it is probably mounted on the tweeter

D

Dynamic Devil

As said above the cap is mounted actually onto the tweeter.

Come on Big G... dont be a wimp :) Its actually pretty easy to do once you know how. If youre careful you dont have to remove the dash... you can operate thru the holes but its harder.

Scott.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 02 January 2005

id imagine that renault used a bi-polar electrolitic capacitor

it is probably mounted on the tweeter
10 points. ;)

Go on, take the dash off - youll be fine.

172 cup TT

you dont need to take the dash off.. is a pain, but not as much as taking the dash off which apparently isnt that bad but i didnt like the sound of doing that..

172 cup TT

tell you what, installing my comps, amp and sub was the worst thing ever!.. granted it was my 1st attempt!... main issues i had was, replacing the tweeters... getting new wire from car into the door.... getting POwer wire through bulkhead!...

Regarding the tweeters though... the covers just twist and come off... then you can see the actual tweeter... its then a case of brute force and levering it out... becareful not to damage the leather on the dash tho... other problem i had was that my new tweeters were quite deep and would seem raised up so i needed to use an electric jigsaw thing (very awkward) to cut away bits of the plastic in the tweeter hole below where the tweeter used to sit...

hope that helps...

172 cup TT

Mine is a 52 plate, and a cup... im assuming its the same, but wait for other responses to make sure i guess.

just had a look and yes the tops do just twist off which is good all I got to do now then is to work out how to get te tweets out how to secure the new ones and how best to run the cables to the boot. Including the best way to get the new cables into the doors for the new midrange

muz

big fat japanese bus

I am about to embark on fitting a whole setup thats out of my MG to mine

I will post pics and let you see

As for the tweets I would leave them alone and install your new ones on your door beside the mids so you dont get separation issues

I am building pods to go on the doors for mine from MDF, fibreglass resin and an old t shirt :)

As for cables into the doors best bet is to drill a new holw, paint it then put a rubber grommet in it Scary on a nearly new car but then again so is drilling a big hole in the bulkhead for 0awg cable :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by muzz on 12 January 2005I am about to embark on fitting a whole setup thats out of my MG to mine I will post pics and let you see As for the tweets I would leave them alone and install your new ones on your door beside the mids so you dont get separation issues I am building pods to go on the doors for mine from MDF, fibreglass resin and an old t shirt :)As for cables into the doors best bet is to drill a new holw, paint it then put a rubber grommet in it Scary on a nearly new car but then again so is drilling a big hole in the bulkhead for 0awg cable :sick:

LOL dont talk to me about drillig 0 guage holes in bulk heads.
There was only one other question I wanted to ask. Have any of you got and been able to combat the dreaded alt whine?

172 cup TT

agreed, drill through the bottom screw hole of the door hinge plug thingie and put the wire through there then up and cut a small hole in the other rubber grommet in the actual door to continue the wire through there - my tweeters actually possibly luckily are just the right diameter to support themselves on the edge of the hole..

Have any of you installed new tweeters in top of the dash, in place of the old grilles. Im going to install them right in top of the dash. I think they sound a way lot better than inside the dash.