ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard shocker lifespan?

R27 - 77/500
Hey up guys.

Basically was planning on fitting coilovers to my 182 in near future but thinking perhaps this may be overkill for me plus £700+ for decent set is quite a bit.

So i thought well maybe some eibachs will do the job but car has done 44k now so may be worth while fitting new shockers as i dont want it bouncying about.

Its non cup model so would ktec be best place to go to or are renault worth a shot?

Nothing at the mo :(
or you could try Ktech Coilover set which is about £400.. cause by the time u buy the eibachs and all new shocks it will be about £250 i think

Mental 172 Cup
Why not buy the eibachs and get them fitted and then wait for the shocks to run their life! :) they have been off the car for the last 12k or so because I had coilovers on it for just over a year! :)

My old 1.2 Clio was running for 64k on standard shocks and then a further 40k on the same shocks with 60mm lowering springs! I wouldn't worry about it mate :)

106GTI / NovaC20LET
get coilovers mate! i had lowering springs and instantly i knew i needed coilovers, now i have them the spings just seem s**t in comparison :D

R27 - 77/500
get coilovers mate! i had lowering springs and instantly i knew i needed coilovers, now i have them the spings just seem s**t in comparison :D

I had H&Rs on my clio cup and they did make the car sit great but the right was a bit too firm to justify a couple trackdays a year.

I will once again be planning on a few track days but coilovers seem even more expensive nowadays so thats why im thinking springs and fresh shocks if needed