ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard to Xenons and vice versa??

K4M ph2
Basically i have a friend who owns and clio initiale with the xenons as standard but both of the ballasts have packed up, he's offering me a straight swap for my standard reflectors.

What i wanted to know is; is there a cheaper alternative to replacing the standard ballasts? i was thinking of getting a 6000k HID kit to replace the standard items? (reccomendations)

Also im presuming there wouldnt be any complications with swapping my reflectors into his? different loom maybe?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Keiran

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its a straight swap but it is a bumper off job.

For spare / new parts have a look HERE

K4M ph2
So if i were to get a 6000k D2S HID kit for my car and then use that for the xenons i will be getting, this will work? as this would be substantially cheaper than replacing the oem items.

Then its just a matter of swapping my units into his which im presuming would just be plug and play ?

K4M ph2
positive, both ballasts have packed up, he's tried new bulbs to no avail. he's not really into the whole car scene and just wants a cheap fix and i want some cheap xenons lol

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
You should be able to find both ballasts online for about £100 quid. Then its just a plug and play kit.

K4M ph2
Cheers for your help guys, im just curious to see if my idea with the after market hid kit would work and they would fit allright, that way i could go for a 6000k kit with more of a bluey tint to them than the standards, i know this doesnt mean a brighter light, but its something a little different to the norm, plus it would still work out cheaper than the oem stuff without the worry of another expensive ballast blowing as the aftermarket stuff seems to be cheaper.

Evo 8 MR
Cheers for your help guys, im just curious to see if my idea with the after market hid kit would work and they would fit allright, that way i could go for a 6000k kit with more of a bluey tint to them than the standards, i know this doesnt mean a brighter light, but its something a little different to the norm, plus it would still work out cheaper than the oem stuff without the worry of another expensive ballast blowing as the aftermarket stuff seems to be cheaper.

You dont need aftermarket HIDs to use 6000k bulbs.

K4M ph2
Thats true, but i'd still like to know if anyone has tried an aftermarket kit into the standad xenons ??