ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GUIDE: Aftermarket HID kit in Ph2 Xenons

K4M ph2
Just thought someone else might find it helpfull to know how i wired in an aftermarket HID kit into Clio xenon headlights, this would be usefull if your standard expensive ballasts keep packing up and you'd like an alternative reliable way of fixing the problem or if youve purchased the xenons without the oem items included.

Items needed:

1.Two standard 35w ballasts.
2.Two Wiring harness's to adapt to D2r-D2s fitment
3.Two Power cables for the ballasts
4.Two D2s bulbs of your choice

Total cost of £56.99 delivered!!

I sourced these items from a guy on here, his username is 'Xenons online' and his website is http://www.xenonsonline.com/ very helpful guy , helped my get all the items i needed to make it work okay and some advice on what i should be looking out for when searching for the feeds i needed. On top of this he managed to sort me out next day delivery for a small extra fee and threw in some free LED sidelights to match!

1st step: Remove the xenon light units completely from the car and move it indoors to somewhere you can easily work on them.

2nd step: Remove the oem ballast from underneath, (3 torx screws), remove the existing bulb and igniter from inside the unit.

3rd step: Attach all of the parts of the HID kit together as per the instruction manual. The new bulb (or existing) can then be fitted into the harness inside the xenon unit ready for the plug.

4th step: In order to gain the positive and negative feed to supply power to the ballast i poked around with a multimeter to try and find the original feeds that are triggered when the lights are turned onto 'dipped' soon after looking i found the correct feeds on the left hand side of the conector the oem ballast used and connected the positive and negative wires accordingly, i did this by cutting the original spade adapters on the kit down to a small size that would allow me to pushfit them into the oem plug. this is shown in the picture below:
IMG-20120907-00042.jpg

5th step: Once id connected the power end of the ballast, i then proceeded to attach the bulb to the D2s adapter holder at the other end of the kit. Once i'd done this i neatened up the cabling through a small cut in the plastic and the outer rubber so it still stays sealed, this is shown in the picture below.
IMG-20120907-00043.jpg

Final step: put the finished unit back into the car and attatch the existing plugs and find somewhere to neatly hide the ballast within the engine bay. This is what the finished unit should look like once wired up: ( i put a small dab of silicone around the positive and negative feeds for the ballasts before putting them back in the car just to seal the wiring)
IMG-20120907-00041.jpg

Couple of random pics i took of the kit
Ballast
IMG-20120907-00044.jpg

D2s harness
IMG-20120907-00045.jpg

And thats it!

Hope this may help someone out :)

Cheers,
Keiran

Clio Campus Phase2
thank you so much for this info buddy!

I've just purchased a set of V6 headlights to my non sport Clio, and this will be a very helping hand to finish the installation!

cheers!