ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Star trail .. pic + vid from tonight

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
8388393042_5193fc08fc_c.jpg

Star trails over Laindon again by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

250x 20s exposures.

f/6.3 .. ISO 400 .. @ 10mm.

Stacked using software from http://www.StarStax.net

Little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0rhj-zN6Q showing how it's made :eek:

I love watching the software process it .. the image comes to life !

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice work.

How did you light the house Rob? Oh, and I'd crop the bottom btw, something's gone wrong there ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I didn't ;) Watch the video. I think it was the neighbour's security light or the car park lights. Unsure...

Yes I know it needs some light cropping and a slight + on the tint as it's a bit green, but it's completely off camera. Composition was a pure guess as the thing was damn near vertical too haha.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The WB actually looks pretty spot on without any post work mate, well done.

Good work - inspiring! I might have a bash soon, now I have a trigger.

Just one question though - why ISO 400 and f6.3 - what made you chose those settings?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers all !

Good work - inspiring! I might have a bash soon, now I have a trigger.

Just one question though - why ISO 400 and f6.3 - what made you chose those settings?

Been doing it long time now .. seems to work ;)

Want just enough sensitivity to pick them out but not too much to over-expose, so 400 works nicely on my camera.

20s is long enough to get detail without being too long to pick up the light pollution in the area.

f/6.3 gave me a perfect exposure (on the camera needle thing..) with 400 / 20s ..

That's about it really :approve:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Another hopefully longer attempt on the go before a) it turns into tomorrow already and b) it snows...

Battery 2 charging .. F1 style swap needed soon :eek:

Been doing it long time now .. seems to work ;)

Want just enough sensitivity to pick them out but not too much to over-expose, so 400 works nicely on my camera.

20s is long enough to get detail without being too long to pick up the light pollution in the area.

f/6.3 gave me a perfect exposure (on the camera needle thing..) with 400 / 20s ..

That's about it really :approve:
Cheers for answering those man. I'm certainly going to have a bash now.

Was the thread title not in English?
Derp. Derpaderp! Derpa derpa derp?