ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starion Featured on Top Gear...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Elise, 530d
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250472942129

Cast your mind back to Top Gear Season 06, episode 2. Cheap coupe challenge. This is the Starion Jeremy bought for it.

Would you buy it?

It's Saturday 20th June 2009, it's 11.00am it's on Dave for a full hour!

This car is the star of one of the most popular episodes of BBC Top Gear and was driven flat out at Millbrook by the Stig, setting the fastest time on the famous hill route. The title of the program sees him take big air over the crest at the end of the course.

If you missed it on Dave see the full program on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUAz...EAD7E11BE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

I sold the car to Top Gear in 2005 and then helped them during the production of the program. After the program was made I bought it back and have owned it ever since.

It is the last Starion ever registered in the UK and is still an excellent car even after its battering in the hands of Clarkson and co.

The Starion rates high in Jeremy Clarksons all time 100 favourite cars and he genuinely loved this car (as,I was told, did Stig).

At the end of the show he autographed the roof of the car with the words
' this is the best car in the world, Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear'

Since the show the car has been refurbished to the condition prior to the race. It has had

• A rebuilt engine
  • a new clutch
  • a body restoration
  • suspension and brakes overhauled
  • Cooling system overhauled
It still has

• the ex Pentti Airikkala Ralliart Turbo and performance exhaust that we fitted to the car for the show. Circa 220 BHP
  • The 'comedy' rear aero deck
  • the electric overboost switch
  • the RALLIART Dymag front wheels and rally tyres
  • Limited slip differential
The Starion is excellent to drive, very sound and will be sold with a new MOT. It has been restored to its Top Gear pre race cosmetic condition ( so that's not showroom!!! ) and it still wears its original 'Clitheroe Carpets' livery.
Despite the fictitious 17mpg stated on the program Clarkson was right to be indignant as we ran this Starion for several years and it easily returns high MPG in the 20's/low30's. We also have full spares support for this and other Starions.

Please ring me on 07711 631984 if you wish to view the car.

This is a genuine auction of a totally unique car with a very realistic reserve price.
The car would be welcome at any car show and is instantly recognized where ever it goes. Lets face over 350million people have seen it on TV.
It would also make a great car for track days and drift events and is sure to appreciate in value.

Payment will be accepted in any genuine form but I require £250 deposit to be paid by pay pal immediately the auction has closed.

Please no time wasters and only bid if you can complete on the deal.

See this film of the car as it is now made over the weekend by my son & now on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sKefyS5pSs

BTW, tried the link to the video of the program. Epic fail tbh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
£2500 and it didn't meet reserve???

I wouldn't pay £250 for it!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 320 M Sport, 197
lol £2500
My old man used to have one when he worked for mitsushiti back in the day, and I loved them, my first sports car love but never got to own one, and won't now, they're well past it. I remember seeing them racing at all the major race tracks when I was a little nipper, but they were never any good compared to the Ford Sierra RS Cosworths, which ruled the roost.

Ah those days..........