ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Start Button

Clio Mk1
ayup peeps aint been on here in a while not sure if ull remember me lol but hey just wondering if any of you know how to wire up a start button ? and can it work off a normal switch

A push to connect one yes.

Not to difficult to wire up but you still need to put your key in the ignition and turn it just press the start button for the starter to kick in.

Clio Mk1
lol i nicked the switch from work but got fired today or else i would of sent you one for 50p postage

Its the yellow line on the starter barrel you want to cut and wire it to one side of that switch and the other side run a line to the red line on the barrel don't cut that red wire though as thats yout feed line the other way it to run a wire from the battery through a 60Amp fuse. not sure if that switch would be enough to do that you might need a relay in whicase case use that switch to operate the relay which then swithes the power to that yelow line.

confused now lol

I made a mistake that for Mk2's the Mk1's are slightly different wiring coloures

Take your barell lock out you'll see a load of cables its the yellow and white one you want to bare a bit (don't forget to tape them up) and solder two same diameter or better wires to. These are then connected to the start switch. Test it works before you put it all back together.

BMW M135i
Got to wonder if a switch like that is rated for that kind of current though? A lot of the kits you see on ebay use a relay to get around it.