ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Start up probs!

Hi guys, Replaced me cam belt and got a new head etc. Come to start it back up and it wont quite tick over - got some help yesterday but wondered if anybody else had, had this problem and if they had any solutions - ive checked the sparks - the cams were in TDC and the fuel pump is working fine (or so it would seem!) Wot else could it be - is it a matter of just pulling the thing down the road and trying to jump start it into life? All help much appreciated! ive got a 95 1800 16V The head i bought was second hand and hadnt been used for a month and neither had the rest of my car - maybe it just needs some encouragement?

So its best to check the fuel pump and cold start motor etc + the fuel lines yeh? I though i may just disconnect one of the hoses and crank the engine over to see if fuel quirts out - is that wise?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

no, its under pressure!!! get a pressure gauge in there to measure pressure from the tank and the regulated pressure (3bar).

Cant get the engine to start so im not sure - it turns over and nearly kicks in but just misses. It may be the fuel lines ill just need to check. There is definately compression in the engine coz when i try and start it , it certainly blows out the exhaust!!

TDC sensor lead takes a signal from the flywheel to the ignition coil. The engine relys on this to create a spark. I doubt its this that the cause as your plugs sound like they are firing. Sounds like its either fueling or timing.

If your engine is not quite catching, make sure you have the HT leads going to the correct plugs. Also, are you sure the timing is spot on, check it again!.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if the head was second hand did you check it over before you fitted it.maybe the bores/rings are dry of oil due to being stood-have you checked the compression? squirt a small amount of oil down the plug holes and turn it over,refit the plugs and try to start it.