ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Started to mod my Clio.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I had my Viper +Anti Tilt Alarm fitted on Saturday, plus a lovely Kenwood cd/mp3 player and had a 6 cd multi changer fitted into the glove box. (Total cost= £998.).

I am hoping to get lights fitted at some point today, but I am busy trying to sell my Uncles Honda for him, so that has to come first at the moment.

I will be ringing my local garage to book it in to have the Eibach suspension kit fitted this week too.

Pics will follow as soon as lights are on.

Thanks to everyone that has helped and given me some really good advice so far, you are all stars. :D

Last edited:
  Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I have finally got my car booked in to have it's new suspension kit fitted, goes in on the 24th of this month. Woohoo!! :D :D I'm really looking forward to this now, I find it very odd considering how against lowering I was at the begining, but thanks to some very helpful CS members, I finally saw sense. Thanks guys! ;) :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Erm no not yet :eek: I really do like the look of the new ones, but I'm kind of scared to get the old ones off. Yes I know that sounds whimpish, but I have seen quite a few people have had bother in removing and fitting new lights. I know nothing about electrics so I have to rely on Hubby to fit them for me and I am a little worried he won't be as careful as I would be. Know what I mean? I think I should really get my butt into gear now though being as she is being lowered soon.

I now have all the body kit waiting too (Thanks to Subway for the side kit :D ).

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Oh, I had to change the intended rear kit though. The dumb arses said it would fit my car but it turned out it wouldn't, so I chose a more expensive one and they are paying the difference for 'their' mistake. I actually like it better too, although it is not quite as subtle as the one I first chose.

Here's the new one. It's made of plastic and not fibre glass, so it will be stronger too (not bothered about extra weight).

rear kit.jpg

Do you think it will look alright?

looks good. As for the lights, it will be dead easy. Unscrew them from in side the boot, pull old ones out, unplug them, plug new ones in, screw them in place. People only have a problem fitting ph 2 lights to ph1 cars and vice versa

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Oh right, cool. So I won't have a problem with the rubber seals either? Excellent! I might go and do them soon then, and give her a muchneed wash and polish afterwards. (Got new mats to put in too). Should look good with the new head unit. ;)

Thanks for the advice and reassurance. :)

2004 Clio 182
Hey Debz im a novice like you but can honestly say that changing the rear lights is the easiest thing you can do. even easier than changing a bulb in your house. lol. I did it the other week to put silvervision bulbs in mine but its the same to change the casing like you are doing. Just open the boot and unscrew the bolt that you will find inside and the whole cluster will come off. Pop the old one off stick the new one back on and jobs done. good chance to show the hubby that you dont need him :cool:

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thanks Boyce. :) I have a couple of things to do, then maybe I will give it a go. ;) I expect everyone will hate them though being as they are 'Lexus' style rear lights. lmao

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
$torm Rider said:
How you finding the Viper alarm as im looking to get one aswell?
Viper alarm is EXCELLENT! It has already paid for itself by stopping some thieving b******s from getting my wheels. I highly recommend it. ;) :D

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
DarthCake said:
When does it go into the bodyshop debs?

I have to have the suspension done on the 24th of this month, then I will take it to the body shop to get the quote for all the work I want doing, spraying and fitting of kit, colour coding black bits and touching up some scratches the 'almost' thieving gits put in the offside rear 1/4. (looks like they tried to priise open the drivers door too, some nasty scratches there ). So hopefully it will go in sometime early next month for all that. Then I will be getting the stainless steel stealth exhuast done (already got a quote from 'Longlife' in Carshalton).

Just found out the clear side repeaters I got won't actually bloody fit, so Hubby is now busy looking for some more for me. Lexus rear lights are now in and working. I have discovered though that (due to poor french buld quality) the tailgate isn't exactly straight and slightly goes in on the offside at the bottom so the light isn't totally flush. It doesn't notice too much. (something I might ask the body shop to sort out when she goes in) ;)

I will wait until it cools down abit then I will give her a much needed wash and polish and take her somewhere nice to take some updated pics.:)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I spent 'all' darn day cleaning may car today (from 11am up until 5.30pm) mainly with one arm (as shoulder isn't sorted yet) and now I am bloody knackered! New rear lights and side repeaters have also now been fitted.

Here's some pics.

Clio 1.jpg

Clio 2.jpg

Clio 3.jpg

Clio 4.jpg

Clio 5.jpg

Please excuse wonky glovebox. I have got to get the guys who fitted my multi cd changer to sort that, as the darn changer has fallen down and distorted the glovebox. Grrr!

BMW E46 330i Touring
HU looks pretty fancy, what's the blue LED above it for?

Not a fan of the lights I'm afraid and don't think I will be when the kit's fitted either. Wheels look good though. :)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
The blue led is the VIPER alarm light.

I don't honestly expect people to like the lights much being as they are 'Lexus' lights, but I like them. Those wheels were a pain in the butt to clean , I almost gave up on them half way through. lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
al said:
Needs a spot of tyre shine ;)

I must admit I really didn't think of getting any when I got all the car cleaning stuff, but once I had cleaned it, I said the very same thing. ;) lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Thanks for the comment about the wheels. I really don't want a 172 or a V6. I am not saying they are not excellent, because they are! I'm just happy with my little 1.6. I think I am getting to that point in my life where I know it's time to slow down 'abit'. ;) lol

Turbos.
Lights just ruin the car, if it was nicely lowered, had huge brakes, 1000bhp...whatever...it would still look gash because of the lights.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Defintely agree. Power to the 1.6 ! ;) :D :D Goes in to get lowered tomorrow! :D Got the multi canger sorted too, cool as. ;)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
theduckeatspork said:
well my cars probably the rarest ever made, does that make mine the quickest??

Hmm, don't know about that. I guess it depends on how good a driver you are. ;) lol

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I'm sitting here getting kind of excited about the suspension on my car now. They are working on it at the moment so hopefully I will get it back soon. I can't wait to take her for a long drive (especially round some nice country lanes) to see how much better she handles. It's a good job the garage where she is knows me well as I am abit of a fuss pot when it comes to my car. They know if they mark her they are dead meat! ~sniggers~

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
lmfao @ 'beat anything in the twisties'. Well, I know it can out handle my Hubbys 2ltr Megane Coupe with her standard suspension, so if these new ones are even better, Hubby will have to get his sorted or I will well and truely leave him behind. (i've got a lot of bottle when it comes to bends). ;) lol

Last edited:
if the handling was better before the eibachs you really will leave him behind with the eibachs on. made a huge difference on my car and I only went for the springs!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
theduckeatspork said:
if the handling was better before the eibachs you really will leave him behind with the eibachs on. made a huge difference on my car and I only went for the springs!

Cooool as! He is really going to 'hate' me. He just 'had' to buy his Megane after my little Clio showed his Saxo VTR up quite badly, he decided he just could not have a car that was slwoer than the Mrs car. Lmfao ;)

I am just going to phone the garage to see how much longer they will be. Tee hee.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Hmm. I just called the garage. They say they have done the front but they will be at least another 1 1/2 hours with the rear as they are 'abit awkward'. Are the back ones really that hard to change? I must admit it has got me a 'little' worried now. :S

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v 140BHP and 8.3secs to 60mph
Clio 1.6 16v 110BHP 9.3secs to 60mph

Wont be much in it in a straight line, and with the improved suspension on your car you should be able to leave him standing down twisty country lanes

DynamiqueDebz said:
Hmm. I just called the garage. They say they have done the front but they will be at least another 1 1/2 hours with the rear as they are 'abit awkward'. Are the back ones really that hard to change? I must admit it has got me a 'little' worried now. :S

Rears should be easier than the front...