ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starter button...

LY 182
for some reason i've always liked the idea of starter buttons in cars.. dont know why just like it.
BUT.. i hate with a passion things on a dashboard that look blatently added on ie a big red starter button.

was under the dash doing some wiring today anyway,, and while i was there i came up with this....

th_MOV00130.jpg

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Good Idea that,

but what has happend to the wires for that now then are they just removed or what?

Hard to wire up?

Petrol Blue 182.
that good, does th car still start if you click the key in the barell three times? if you know what i meen :)

LY 182
well its an engine conversion car so the loom thats there is for a climate control panel anyway,, so all inoperative.
the wiring i was doing today was wiring the heater blowers up to that control panel, and the illumination for it.
thats the recirc button which isnt plugged in to the car.

i took the panel off, took the microswitch apart and removed the pin that makes it stay down when you press it (its now just a momentary switch) then just soldered two wires to either side of the switch and routed it out the back.
then run that in to a 30 amp relay which switches the ignition live to the starter

LY 182
and no i've disabled the barrel for starting it completely.. bit of an immobiliser if you like

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Well now, no one can steal ur car, coz they dont know how to start ur car up!

Lovely idea ;)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
it is actually a good idea disableing the barrel and sticking a little button in somewhere and not having it big and red lol someone gets hold of your keys there fucked if they think theyre taking the car lol

LY 182
it is actually a good idea disableing the barrel and sticking a little button in somewhere and not having it big and red lol someone gets hold of your keys there f**ked if they think theyre taking the car lol
nope, gives me a chance to knock there teeth out before they can get anywhere ;)