ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starter Button

S2000

I would quite like to fit one of these to my Mk1 clio but Im not too sure about how to go about doing it.

Where do you think would be the best place to fit one on a Mk1 clio and are they quite easy/ difficult to fit?

Thanks.

Cant imagine them being too hard to fit. Id stick the button either near the steering wheel (on the left of it) or down near the handbrake/center console where the cupholders are (if theres cupholders on the mk1)

S2000

I think I might do this then. Do I have to buy a kit for this or can I just buy the button from somehwere and then wire it in???

Are there any guides anywhere for doing this?

clio 16v

min is where the 3 switches for hazards, heated rear screen, etc used to be, have a picture if any1 can host for me?

email me: mailto:daniel.ryan@homebase.co.uk">daniel.ryan@homebase.co.uk

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah really quite straighforward, I did the one on DjwDaves car for him. Dont waste your money with a kit just buy a button, the right relay, a fuse holder and some wiring, cost about a tenner all in.

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3

Lovin that dannyboy, where did you get the buttons and dials? havnt seem them anywhere. James I think how they work is you put the key in the ignition then press the button to start the engine.

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 07 September 2005

Yeah really quite straighforward, I did the one on DjwDaves car for him. Dont waste your money with a kit just buy a button, the right relay, a fuse holder and some wiring, cost about a tenner all in.
I thought the one in Daves car was quite smart actually. Ill have a read of some things on the net to try and work out what Ill be doing and see how I get on from there. Is it OK if I send you a quick PM if I have any questions about it mate seeing as you have done it before?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Lol, so pointless tho, cool yeh, but stupid really...Key in, turn it and then push a button. ok.

172 Mk2 Ph1

Need to get it where when you are in the car and have your key fob with you, it recognises it and then you can push the button, when you leave the car engine should turn off automatically as the key fob has left the building... nice.

clio 16v

thanks patty! its all getting finshed tonight. Im getting the back plate of the original 3 centre dials painted blue aswell. and all the dials wired in, are/fuel isnt working at the moment.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

^^^^ Something just wrong about ur screen name...Cant put a finger on it tho. "Literally"