ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starter motor help please!

yellow clio sport 172
my starter motor seems to have a mind of its own,
will work fine one minute then stop to go in the shop ,come back out n wont work, then 5mins later work as if it always had.

i was told its had new starter motor.

is this a common problem?

if so how can it be overcome/solved?

many thanks for any input,
Aaron

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Does it make a noise when your trying to start it up? like a screech kind of noise?

As mine is going through this stage at the moment,

yellow clio sport 172
it just doesnt react,key turns and nothing happens apart from hearing the fuel pump try pump fuel through.

its like itll either work as it should,or not at all.

yours sounds like its worn and needs changed imo.

Clio 172 Ph1.
Its most likely the little wire going to the starter motor. Dont know what its called in english.
The connection on the starter corrodes over time. You will just have to give a good clean.
I had the exact same problem, and many Clios here in denmark suffer from the same problem.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
is it hard to reach this wire and get it clean? I'd like to have a go at this these days

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sometimes its not a fouled connector at fault itself but the wire which can break at the crimp so no current can flow thru. Give it a good wiggle and if it breaks off simply replace the spade terminal (Use another sleeved one to prevent arching)