ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting at the second attempt

Audi TT 225
Each morning my car will not start the first time (as if the battery is almost flat) but then will start fine at the second attempt, this has been happening for about a week now. I do have a very short trip to work and it's quite cold obviously this time of year. Any ideas what to check?

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
IIRC its a common problem down to lazy fuel pumps or something, theres a few similar threads knocking about, try a search?

Failing that, is the battery low? Could the starter motor be on its way out?

Audi TT 225
Battery is pretty close to being dead to be fair, I did a search (more than a few) but didn't find anything of interest, then again I find the search on here pretty poor :) Thanks for the advice, I'll get a proper test on the battery and have a gander at the starter motor, it's only going to get worse I'm thinking otherwise!