ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting / Fuel Pump Issue

Racing Blue 182 Cup
So recently my car has stopped starting on first attempt but after that it's fine. What I have noticed is there is no fuel pump priming noise when you turn the key at first but on the next attempt you can hear it prime. Any ideas?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I was getting same problem in the summer was told dont always hear it first time?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Oddly its gone on its own,it was peeing me off in the summer ,was afraid it was just not gonna start

renault clio 1.4 16v
Had the same issue, the pump does not prime on innitial start, this is normal, the problem for me was the coil packs, 2 of them wernt making proper contact with the spark plugs after i replaced the plugs and cleaned all the connectors the problem was sorted, the tops of the old blugs were melted where it was arcing... there is also a known fault with the coil packs with a green sticker on the top, the origional coil packs so check if you still have some of these...

Could very well be a relay issue for you as well... dosnt hurt to go through all the plugs, relays and fuses and give them all a clean