ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting issues on 182.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.....
First of all I work away from home, my wife has the Clio and it failed to start with her. So sorry if things are a touch vague

She drove to work in it. Went to drive it on her dinner break and the key fob wouldn't unlock the car, she opened it with the door lock, alarm sounded but eventually turned off. She tried starting the car and she said it was completely dead.

After work her and her boss tried to get it going, I sent these 2 things for her to try....
2768127737bdadd4ac3312f2a3023d8e.jpg

9fa0a42f6d4a683ac411bf2a3b449716.jpg

Neither worked, I also believe she tried the spare key.
I don't know what the immobilized light was doing either, Which would have helped diagnosis.

After all that they tried bump starting it and got it going.... Does that sound pure and simple just a dead battery?

If it was a immobilize/key issue the car wouldn't bump start no?

She's driving as we speak to try and charge battery and scared to turn it off, incase it still won't start.

Any pointers would be great.

If it's starting ok tomorrow I'll have her take it to an auto electric by me to have it checked over.

Just spoken to her again. She's been driving around and stopped for petrol, it did start again! Relief

She did mention that yesterday the rear fog dash light was on, but she hadn't turned it on.

I have noticed myself for the last month or so that when I brake the rear fog dash light flickers on when I touch brake pedal.... could this be connected to the breakdown tosay? A bad earth shorting/draining the system?

clio v6
Im not sure ,possibly .but if the fog lights up on dash its defo an earth prob as i had this myself i just took the plug off rear cluster and pulled the pins apart and it cured it .Also clean the earth wires to body in boot .this may be the issue of not starting as a bad earth can cause lots of probs.

Thought I'd give an update.

Been about a month now since the starting issue.
I didn't look into the fog/cluster/ earth solution. Purely to see if the car failed again, and if it did to then try to fault find it.

It hasn't failed since and I've driven it a lot. So I'm sure it was the wife unknowingly leaving something on.

Now I'm confident the car isn't at fault I've fixed the dodgy fog flicker. Adjusted the pins in the cluster and checked the earth (which looked brand new)
Used this thread to help:
http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?threads/769277/

Thanks for the input all. [emoji106]