ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting niggle!

j plate 91 449 valver,
hi. i have a mk1 clio and occasionly when i try to start it it does nothing. makes a slight 'tick' only really audible if the bonnet is open. if i try to start it again, turning it totally off and then back on, it sometimes 'ticks' again and sometimes starts fine. i do have an after market imoboliser fitted but that isnt the problem as i dont change anything with the imoboliser from when it doest start to when it does. and it does not 'tick' if i try to start it without taking the imoboliser off. its not a massive problem but worried one day it wont start!

j plate 91 449 valver,
hmm, i had thought about the starter motor but i was under the impresion that it either worked or it didnt. is it possible that it is faulty but will work fine under some circumstances?