ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problem please help

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
i have a problem starting my 172 at the mo when its really hot it will start to turn over and then just die and if i dont start my car after 2 days then it has 2 b jump started to get goin, all this started to happen after i had my clifford alarm installed. i know that the alternator works fine so its not down to that please help

mij29 said:
You may need a new battery mate, does the alarm cut the fuel off?

Def sounds like you need a new battery. Clifford is obviously draining it, shouldnt do though. Make sure they have set it up right

Clio 172 mk2
Would also guess it is your battery. It may be that the new alarm is highlighting the fact the battery was on its way out because it may be an additional drain on the battery.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Cheers 4 ur help ive had the guys who fitted it back twice and there positive its not the alarm i thought it might b a duff battery but i wanted to c what all u guys thought cheers 4 ur help also my 172 has done 90k miles do u know what bhp it would be running at?