ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problems 182

Clio 172 Phase 2
Hi peeps this is on my brother behalf who owns a 182. He brought a new batt 3 months ago and every think been running fine using the car everyday. Until this weekend when the last time he drove was Friday. Now being Monday he tried to start this morning and there was nothing.
So he connected leads to another car and tried starting it. The results being that it would crank over but only for a few seconds. Then it would stop( so he couldn't just keep it cranking ) tried again and again about 10 times but yet again no start and the car would stop cranking itself after few seconds,

Any ideas ? Electrical or he just got unlucky with a dodgy batt. Just all abit baffling for me to why the car automatically stops it's cranking over after few seconds
As I live 200 miles from him makes it hard to diagnose as I haven't been there to see

Cheers for any advice Carlos

Bmw 330d green 182
If its cranking over for a few seconds and stops it self sounds like ecu and uch for immobiliser mate:/

Clio 172 Phase 2
If its cranking over for a few seconds and stops it self sounds like ecu and uch for immobiliser mate:/
Alright cheers mate. Would drain the power of the batt over a few days ? Cause with out the leads on it don't even crank over. And if it is that problem. Is it a cheap fix ? Cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Worth checking the condition of the three main earth points to:

1 - Battery to chassis
2 - Gearbox to chassis
3 - Engine loom to gearbox (Rear of Dif)

Mick

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
When jumping, have him leave the key in the ignition (pos 1) for a few minutes first.

I seem to get this same starting issue every time I change the alternator (but never when the battery has been left disconnected for days, weirdly)