ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting problems

Clio 172
Hi guys

Basically, left the car alone for a week as it had no tax, jumped in it and tried starting it. It turned over fast like normal, but for longer, I heard it fire and almost start, but kept turning over. Tried again and it started after 4-5 seconds. The exhaust was really poppy, sounded more like bangs (it's standard)

Any ideas? I think I'm going to change plugs etc this weekend

Black 200
Can anyone help at all? Don't even know where to start
What exactly is happening mate ? Does she start every time now ? Any noise from top of engine ? Is it misfiring ? Or running correctly ? More info please mate ;-)

Clio 172
It's normally when it hasn't been used for a couple of days. Now it's back in use it's fine.

There is another problem, when engine thermometer isn't bang on middle, cluld be slighlty below, the engine won't rev past 6k, it just bounces around between 6k and 7k. Sounds like its limiting, but it's not, too low for the "cold" limiter. And limits all over the place. Could be related!

Cheers for your reply

Clio 172
Could this be caused by a loose negative terminal/negative terminal that has practically come off?