ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting too use water.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
In the title really. 2 weeks ago my temp gauge rose, changed thermostat and the temp gauge hasn't risen once. Drive 100 motorway miles and then just checked the water. The coolant bottle was close too empty but still the temp gauge hasn't climbed. Once after changing the thermostat I checked the water on/off for 3 days an it did seen too be dropping but I thought that would settle itself out once it has circulated properly but it hasn't.

Now before my car has always taken a decade too warm up too temp, ages infact but now it seems I can drive 2-3 miles up the road and she flys upto temp. Why the sudden change? The fan kicks in as normal etc, water returns back too the coolant bottle etc. it all seems fine but water is disappearing. I've dipped the oil and checked under the cap thinking its head gasket related but they both seem normal. Water pump and gaskets where changed at 96K at APD two years ago. That's just another idea, thinking I'm loosing it via the gasket. Doubtful?

So there you have it. I'm a lil confused as too where it's going. Any ideas?

Thanks. Josh.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Radiator or water pump. HGF is very very rare.

Exaclty what I thought and what I've been told. Fred @ btm told me when I was last their that within the 10 years of him working with f4r's he has never had the pleasure of dealing with a HG failure on these.

Astra (H) VXR
Washer bottle cap... Chance the spring could have gone weak and just be spitting water out... They are like £2 could be worth a try... Mine went on my previous MG ZR and that cured the exact same problem you are having