ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting Youtube with Clio content!

Clio 172
Hi guys, some of you may have seen on the facebook page but I've recently started doing some youtube bits as I've wanted to do it for ages now.

I have a 172 cup which I'm slowly adapting and (hopefully) making better. Really fell for this little car and would love to get involved in the scene more (hence this post).

Would love if the video gives you a laugh/entertains you on a lunch break/bus ride etc, I'm hoping to improve my video editing as well as Its something I'd like to make a career out of.

I'f theres any more guys on here doing YouTube, let me know as would love to have some more examples.

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_3565.JPG
    IMG_3565.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 160

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
I like stuff like this. For me it’s far too long though. 15 minutes is about 3 times as long as it could have been and you wouldn’t really have lost any content.

Don’t want to be negative, just constructive.

Clio 172
I like stuff like this. For me it’s far too long though. 15 minutes is about 3 times as long as it could have been and you wouldn’t really have lost any content.

Don’t want to be negative, just constructive.

Hey, no, not negative at all! I want to listen to whoever can give me their opinion as it’ll make the content better for whoever’s watching it.

tbh I did think it was a bit long with me rambling 😄 I’m gonna do them a bit more snappy me thinks!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That was pretty nicely edited.

Not that I really have much input as my videos are pretty boring but agree with the above comments regarding length of the video. You really want to tell the story in the shortest time possible and have 0 waffle, be very harsh and ask yourself if each word you say adds to the video. It’s no problem if the video is long but every frame should be interesting. 10 minutes is about the maximum concentration people have these days. Difficult but about 5% of what I film ends up in a video, maybe even less. I found looking at analytics, anything which has waffle in is an instant switch off for viewers and it’s understandable as the person filming is the most interested.

I’d lose the text overlay with commentary, you won’t find polished content with this. I only add it for very key information which isn’t explained in the voice over.

Get tons and tons of b roll for overlap clips whilst you talk.

My stuff is a terrible example as I never really plan videos and just bosh something together but those I have planned are the ones I’m most proud of. I’m not trying to make a career out of this and actually do YouTube videos to improve my public speaking skills and keep a record to look back on but have found people like unique content which others aren’t but posting or if they are the quality is poor.

Last but not least, audio really sets the tone of the video. If you watch a clip with different types of music it has a massive impact on how the video feels. It’s something that I spend a very long time picking as copyright free tunes which aren’t naff are very difficult to come by.

Summary: be your own harshest critics and it will turn out well :) if that’s really your first video is a bloody triumph and you’re a natural!

Clio 172
That was pretty nicely edited.

Not that I really have much input as my videos are pretty boring but agree with the above comments regarding length of the video. You really want to tell the story in the shortest time possible and have 0 waffle, be very harsh and ask yourself if each word you say adds to the video. It’s no problem if the video is long but every frame should be interesting. 10 minutes is about the maximum concentration people have these days. Difficult but about 5% of what I film ends up in a video, maybe even less. I found looking at analytics, anything which has waffle in is an instant switch off for viewers and it’s understandable as the person filming is the most interested.

I’d lose the text overlay with commentary, you won’t find polished content with this. I only add it for very key information which isn’t explained in the voice over.

Get tons and tons of b roll for overlap clips whilst you talk.

My stuff is a terrible example as I never really plan videos and just bosh something together but those I have planned are the ones I’m most proud of. I’m not trying to make a career out of this and actually do YouTube videos to improve my public speaking skills and keep a record to look back on but have found people like unique content which others aren’t but posting or if they are the quality is poor.

Last but not least, audio really sets the tone of the video. If you watch a clip with different types of music it has a massive impact on how the video feels. It’s something that I spend a very long time picking as copyright free tunes which aren’t naff are very difficult to come by.

Summary: be your own harshest critics and it will turn out well :) if that’s really your first video is a bloody triumph and you’re a natural!

Thank you so much man, some quality advice here and I totally agree with all of it. What's your channel called by the way??

Yeah I'm going to try to keep them around 10 mins from now on I think where ever I can, and I'll definitely get some B-Roll (haven't shot much so far) and some quality music, but like you say, copyright free stuff that doesn't suck is hard to come by. Maybe I need to search sound cloud a bit more.

I do find that I downplay and criticise my work a lot but I just want it to get better every video.

Honestly thank you so much again for the advice and kind words, I'm going to aim to put a video out every week so it'll be something that grows with time, but I'm using it along the same lines as you, to improve public speaking and also to get into the community a bit more as not a lot of my friends are 'car people' 😄

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Legend! I see you on a lot of the comments I get info from so its nice to have someone who knows their Clio stuff watching! (and also who knows their quality tea /#yorkshireteaforlife)
Honestly I love Clio content, between you @RuskiWeldShit and @GrahamS we've got a good trio haha

@MarkCup makes some good content too. As well as spreadsheets!

Your video did feel very natural as if you've been speaking in front of a camera for years, I'd get into YouTube but honestly there are too many 'critics' these days for me to bother. Especially as my methods are very primitive but get the job done quick with minimal tools😂

Clio 172
Honestly I love Clio content, between you @RuskiWeldShit and @GrahamS we've got a good trio haha

Your video did feel very natural as if you've been speaking in front of a camera for years, I'd get into YouTube but honestly there are too many 'critics' these days for me to bother. Especially as my methods are very primitive but get the job done quick with minimal tools😂
I only recently found @RuskiWeldShit so need to give his videos a binge, I'll have a search for @GrahamS and @MarkCup 's as well!

I do want to make a career out of it eventually though as I'm going through the steps of setting up a photography business as its something I enjoy.

Thanks man, I'm a teaching assistant so have to teach/lead 22 kids all day so I think thats defo helped the talking/confidence bit 😄 is it wrong that I'm kinda looking forward to having a genuine hater? In my mind thats when you know you've made it! 😅

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Having a hater is one thing, its when people start spouting absolute tosh😂 Say if you swing a hammer in the wrong manner and someone will say something stupid like "oh you're using that hammer wrong" and they dislike the video based on that one random moment😂

Clio 172
Having a hater is one thing, its when people start spouting absolute tosh😂 Say if you swing a hammer in the wrong manner and someone will say something stupid like "oh you're using that hammer wrong" and they dislike the video based on that one random moment😂
I see what you mean, I think I'd do it that way just to piss people off who comment sh#t like that 😄

I liked that. Honest, genuine, down to earth. Seems like you being you.

For once it’s not someone blatantly going over the top in order to desperately appeal to, or fit in with, a crowd etc.

Was a bit waffley but wasn’t too annoying as I was watching with the mindset of a vlog, just listening to your story, not with the mindset of wanting to see where all the nuts are for example (which I’d have gone mad at because it could’ve been condensed to 2 mins!).

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
"Today I'm going to be doing some welding" usually ruffles feathers!!😂😂

Welding 'experts' are the worst sort of cretin haha
Sounds like me 😭😭😭 honestly Mrs laughs when she sees me going right close to a railing and saying there's undercut. Poor bast couldn't give a f**k

Will watch this later

For what it's worth for ultimate YouTube points you need to go on a motorway and stop it dead in its tracks for an hour

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

you cut me deep!
Northern b*****d

Clio 172
I liked that. Honest, genuine, down to earth. Seems like you being you.

For once it’s not someone blatantly going over the top in order to desperately appeal to, or fit in with, a crowd etc.

Was a bit waffley but wasn’t too annoying as I was watching with the mindset of a vlog, just listening to your story, not with the mindset of wanting to see where all the nuts are for example (which I’d have gone mad at because it could’ve been condensed to 2 mins!).

Yeah I didn't want to be one of those guys like Corey from Corey's world (Family Guy reference) 😄 also I'm now thinking there are so many 'how to' videos on youtube, I'd rather not get into that as I'm not a mechanic or anything.

Glad you liked the vlog style and I think that suits my personality etc, I promise as I get more confident/better the waffle will go 😅

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Oh shiiit move over we got another one here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106] don’t bother YouTube so last year...

Jokes aside, watched your video few days ago. You are a natural. With a bit more practice they will get better! Gutted about the seats that got stolen. [emoji43].

What sort of photography business? I been a photographer for the past 15years. Saturated market! Like a lot! The cheaper the cameras and Lightroom presents become the more “pro” photographers we get [emoji23]. It’s worth it if you willing to stick with it!
With regards to YouTube, stick to schedule! Weekly uploads are best. And like others have said chop your footage ruthlessly!!! Literally less than 5% should make the final cut... B roll is king! If you have any questions feel free to PM me! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio 172
Oh shiiit move over we got another one here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106] don’t bother YouTube so last year...

Jokes aside, watched your video few days ago. You are a natural. With a bit more practice they will get better! Gutted about the seats that got stolen. [emoji43].

What sort of photography business? I been a photographer for the past 15years. Saturated market! Like a lot! The cheaper the cameras and Lightroom presents become the more “pro” photographers we get [emoji23]. It’s worth it if you willing to stick with it!
With regards to YouTube, stick to schedule! Weekly uploads are best. And like others have said chop your footage ruthlessly!!! Literally less than 5% should make the final cut... B roll is king! If you have any questions feel free to PM me! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey! its good to speak to you as I've seen your vids going around whilst doing 'Clio research' on youtube.

Thanks man, thats really nice of you to say, I can only get better right! 😅 yeah I was gutted as well seeing as an £400 pair of seats ended up costing me around £1600 if you include the fact I had to buy another tool set as they helped themselves to that as well!

Ah yeah I've seen a rise in those kinda people even during the short time I've picked it up. I guess the more I practice the more you become distinguished from the insta pros.

I think what I',m going to do is upload mid-week and record on the weekends.

Thanks again mate, I'll definitely give you a shout should I need to (y):)