ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Status Unknown's - Budget build Clio Dci

Renault Clio DCI 100
Hi there,

Basicly i bought this car toget to work on the cheap while building a car to look nicer in my eyes. As i live in glasgow and work in hamilton it was cheaper to buy a diesel, so as i can get around 60mph with the dci on the motorway with cheap tax £30 a year and cheap insurance it was a no brainer.

It's in a dark green colour which ive been told is rare and already comes with lowering springs however the front looks tonnes lower than the front but till gives it a nicer look.

Apart from servicing etc i plan to spend less than £1000 on the car to make it look nice which should include, lowering, dishy wheels with some exterior mods and interior mods...and maybe some sounds too.

I have some pics of the car that'll post up later...

Basicly mods i plan to do are these:

New Number Plates (mine are horrible)
New clear indicator bulbs
Clio sport? grill
Replica clio sport side skirts
Coilovers
Dishy Wheels (maybe rotas, bbs reps etc)
Clio cup spoiler
Single piece front lip as mine is in two
Tint fog lights yellow
New steering wheel (possible nardi)
New seats (foam on drivers seat is buggered, and passenger seat has a hole in it :()

So these are the mods i've got the ideas of at the moment in time things may change. I'll keep this updated with mods and cost to see if I can keep in budget or possibly below budget.

Pics coming soon :D

2004 100bhp dci
Ahh be interesting to see some bbs reps or the cm's etc i wanted some for my dci till it blew up but fingers crossed tonight its running so... Anyway welcome get the wheels asap!!

​Haha

Renault Clio DCI 100
This sounds promising. Sub'd :)

Get the pics up soon'er' also pop along to www.cliodci.net!

Thanks very much i'll have a look on there too :D

Ahh be interesting to see some bbs reps or the cm's etc i wanted some for my dci till it blew up but fingers crossed tonight its running so... Anyway welcome get the wheels asap!!

​Haha

What happened? Hope it gets sorted out and yeah defo need wheels haha

Anyway on to some pics :D

DSC_0951_zps94418339.jpg

DSC_0952_zpsfaee16f5.jpg

DSC_0076_zps7872e811.jpg

This last pic kinda shows how low the front is compared to the back

DSC_0072_zpsbd15dc12.jpg

Renault Clio DCI 100
Since this is a budget build i'm going to try doument my spending as much as possible to keep track and also give you guys an idea of what can be done for the money :)

First mod for the car is a pair of Silver Indicator bulbs, my mate bought a pair tried them out in my car and loved the look so started looking. Checked out Autobulbs Direct but they were looking for £13-14 for them not including postage! So checked trusty old ebay and managed to find a set delivered for £4.95 with free p&p here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390525521...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1624wt_958

So as i said i'll update my remaining budget for mods as i go etc.

Remaining budget: £995.05

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Liking the look of it already, wish I had a black one with that bumper.
I'd look into vinyl wrapping all your black plastic parts (bumper strips, side bump strips and bullets, mirror surrounds) to colour code for around a tenner. Hopefully you can find a similar black if painting is expensive. Signs Direct and similar places will be very helpful in sizing and pricing, if yoi choose to go that way :)

Renault Clio DCI 100
Liking the look of it already, wish I had a black one with that bumper.
I'd look into vinyl wrapping all your black plastic parts (bumper strips, side bump strips and bullets, mirror surrounds) to colour code for around a tenner. Hopefully you can find a similar black if painting is expensive. Signs Direct and similar places will be very helpful in sizing and pricing, if yoi choose to go that way :)

Thats a very good idea i'd never thought about that option and could be cheaper too! The colour i have is a really dark green i've been told its a rare colour so i'd need to find vinyl to match which might be the hard bit :/

Update: Bulbs arived and they were packaged really well and came quickly. Fitted them outside costa in under 5 mins, really easy to do and improves the look of the rear with the lights being as bring as standard still. Defo a great buy and cheap to do aswell, would recomend this to anyone.

Dont have any pics of the fitted as it was done so quickly but i'll take some pics of the rear lights with them fitted so you can see the change.

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Ah yeah, I forgot you said it's green. It looks black in the pictures so that's what made me say black vinyl. You're right, that will be pretty difficult to match :(

Renault Clio DCI 100
Ah yeah, I forgot you said it's green. It looks black in the pictures so that's what made me say black vinyl. You're right, that will be pretty difficult to match :(

I thought it was black when i first went saw the advert! But its a great colour been told its quite rare also.

So on my hunt for budget mods for next to nothing, i started looking into tinting my fog lights yellow. Not to everyones taste but i like it, so went online and found tint film for £1.49 delivered but would take 3-4 weeks or around £5 for a a4 sheet to come in the week.

Again thinking about saving every penny posted up on facebook if anyone had spare yellow tint film, and boom my friend had sheet of it that i never knew about! So should be doing this today fingers crossed, also took more pictures of the car as i was bored last night that i'll post up on here after work.

Renault Clio DCI 100
Update time:

Managed to get tint film from poundland for £1 and tinted the fogs yellow and also managed to get interior trim, clio sport grille and parcel shelf for £40 which i think is a bargain. Took some pics today while weather was still ok :) Let me know what you think :)

600646_698418563516636_48587329_n.jpg

1234203_698418533516639_1848196317_n.jpg

541809_698418783516614_1487432947_n.jpg

524598_698419416849884_1645012762_n.jpg

1240186_698419340183225_1897973974_n.jpg

1235997_698419436849882_251655079_n.jpg

So next i'm thinking of getting the clio sport seats as my seats are pretty old and the passenger seat rail is jammed aswell >_<.

Total budget remaining: £954.05

Fiesta ST
What springs do you have on it at the moment? Looks like the ideal height for when I get mine sorted!

Renault Clio DCI 100
What springs do you have on it at the moment? Looks like the ideal height for when I get mine sorted!

Got the car with them already was told they are 30mil but tbh looks lower than that to me.

Looks tidy mate! Colour code, whack some xenons on, You'll be reeeet!

Thanks man! Yeah would like to colour code it. How easy is it to get xenons for it? Need to change wiring?

Fiesta ST
Got the car with them already was told they are 30mil but tbh looks lower than that to me.

I'm thinking of getting 40mm on mine and a change of alloys.

Looking smart though, I like it! I like the tints too :).

Subbed.

Plenty of guides on here for home colour coding. Take a look, it's not too expensive either, just time consuming!

Not too sure on the Xenons, AFAIK it's plug and play. I'm getting a set for my Dci in the coming weeks, I'll report back haha.

Renault Clio DCI 100
I'm thinking of getting 40mm on mine and a change of alloys.

Looking smart though, I like it! I like the tints too :).

Subbed.

Thanks man :) 40 mil drop will be good :)

Plenty of guides on here for home colour coding. Take a look, it's not too expensive either, just time consuming!

Not too sure on the Xenons, AFAIK it's plug and play. I'm getting a set for my Dci in the coming weeks, I'll report back haha.

Awesome man i'll take a look! Yeah let me know about the Xenons as im really interested in them

Nice start, can't wait to see how it goes! Subbed.

Thanks man :) Really want a nice set of wheels

Renault Clio DCI 100
Well since i bought my rear Silver Indicator Bulb's for the clio I thought i should get them for the front. While looking on ebay the same shop i bought the first ones from had a 10% sale on, so bought a pair for the front at £3.96 (link below if interested).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sil193-Si...arParts_SM&hash=item5aed228ee3#ht_1624wt_1170

Should be here between monday (30th September) to wednesday (2nd October) next week. Also got wrapped some interior trim as my mate had some gloss black stuff left so it was free!! I'll get pics up later

Total budget remaining: £950.09

Renault Clio DCI 100
So as promised i'll post the pics of the wrapped interior bits :) My mate had the gloss black wrap which was unsure about at first but now it's in a love it :) think it suit it well.

image_zps65b94960.jpg

image_zps50c41316.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish pics i was in hurry and used my iphone and the rubbish in the car i had a cheeky Mcd's breakfast before work haha (healthy eh? haha)

So still lots of a budget left for main things like coilovers and wheels.

So far i've bought:

Rear Silver Indicator bulbs (fitted)
Front Silver Indicator bulbs (being delivered)
Renault Clio 182 grill (fitted)
Tinted Yellow Fogs (done)
Wrapped Interior Trim (done)

Pretty happy with how the car is coming along although they are only small mods :)

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
That looks bang on, I'm doing all my bump strips gloss black and now I've decided to match it inside as well. Thanks for the great idea, if you don't mind me copying ;)

Fitted my Xenons pal, check out my thread to see them

<--------

Proper doddle to put them in. Straight plug and play with the old wiring.

Renault Clio DCI 100
That looks bang on, I'm doing all my bump strips gloss black and now I've decided to match it inside as well. Thanks for the great idea, if you don't mind me copying ;)

Dont mind it at all man :D I love it

Fitted my Xenons pal, check out my thread to see them

<--------

Proper doddle to put them in. Straight plug and play with the old wiring.

No way fantastic! I'll check it out just now

Renault Clio DCI 100
Well got the bulbs infact days earlier than expected but got delivered to my parents house who had been away go got them last night and fitted them at work on my break. Such a great improvment over standard and improves the front end.

image_zps050e3b97.jpg

And here is the diffrence when fitted :)

image_zps87c3222f.jpg

image_zps6ad28ac4.jpg

So far i'm pretty happy im in budget by miles however the big more expensive mods are still to come and i cant make up my mind wheel wise. I'm pretty set on bbs reps however i feel like 15" reps would be better for cheaper tyres but 16" would fill the arches so much more but be more expensive.

I dont know what peoples views are on this? As i've found a set of 15" bbs reps brand new for a great price that i can get but im worried if i got them that i would want 16"...awww first world problems haha.

Pearl Black Ph2 172
Your tyres will be a bit cheaper on 15'' i would imagine, plus looking at the flowers in the mirror, im guessing stretched tyres and camber will be on your list at some point. something to think about if your on a budget.

Renault Clio DCI 100
Your tyres will be a bit cheaper on 15'' i would imagine, plus looking at the flowers in the mirror, im guessing stretched tyres and camber will be on your list at some point. something to think about if your on a budget.

Thanks for the comment! Na the flowers are a laugh as its the colours of the french flag and the Mrs got it for me haha. Basicly im just wanting nice wheels with not a huge arch gap, not really bothered about camber or strech unless wheels were rubbing.

Yeah i think 15"s are going to be the best for me. Found a place selling BBS reps for £375 so found out they were local and offered to collect them and what discount could be done, and got offered them for £300!! So will defo be collecting them soon!

At the moment i'll need to wait as i think my brake pads might be low so the car is booked into a local garage for tomorrow (friday) after my work. So fingers crossed its just the pads being low and that its not too much to get done. Once thats been done i can get onto the wheels :)

Renault Clio DCI 100
So got the car back from the garage and the brakes got the all clear, nothing wrong with them. Heard a squeek from them which i've been told might mean the discs are slightly warped. Either way at least i know the brakes are ok and was also told that they are nearly new discs and pads which is good to here.

Just on the look out for uprated drop links now as ive been told mine are on there way out :(

Renault Clio DCI 100
Well decided to buy a broadway mirror for the Clio i do already have once but the clips had snapped on it meaning i had to glue it on to the prev cars mirrors HAHA! So rather than do this again i thought i should pay out for a new one. So went onto ebay and seen them going for prices up to £28! So as i was wanting a 300mm one i had a look around and buy sorting the ebay list to cheapest with post and packaging i found one for £16.98 delivered with Estimated delivery being "Between Saturday, Oct. 19 and Saturday, Oct. 26"

Link to the item: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-...arParts_SM&hash=item1c2f653f36#ht_4550wt_1161

So still have a large amount of my budget left for more mods. I would really like a clio cup spoiler now if the budget allows as they look fantastic with the clio 172 rear bumper. :)

Total budget remaining: £933.11

Renault Clio DCI 100
So treated myself to get some wheels, they are from a make called tracklite :) I've never bought new wheels before and im over the moon! The fitment is perfect although i defo need to bring the ride height down once i get coilovers. But here is a few pictures i got, the first one was a test fit with a 50 profile but i decided to go with a 195/45/15 as i think it gave me more room and less chance of rubbing.

Ive since had to roll arch slightly on the rear just by bent up the lip to stop any scrubbing. Here are some pics ill get on some proper ones this weekend.

image_zpsddcde093.jpg

Renault Clio DCI 100
So for an update thats me now bought a set of bbs rs replicas with brand new tyres :) so happy with them but the ride height does need to be lower so coilovers next!

Also ive bought some led sidelights as one of stock ones went so thought id upgrade. Bought them for £3.98 with free delivery so fingers crossed there ok, got them from here for all who are interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/501-5-SMD...CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1dfbf9e3#ht_4798wt_942

I'll update you with more pics, but the wheels set me back a fair chunk of my £1000 budget so...

Remaining Budget: £359.13

Renault Clio DCI 100

they do look quite good but i was looking at these uber cheapo coilovers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C..._CarParts_SM&hash=item1e82606976#ht_771wt_721

However alot seem to not lower by much at the back as mine is lowered by 40mil already have coilovers fitted for an extra 10mil drop at the back seems somewhat pointless. But ive heard alot of people looking into custom springs however i have no idea where to get these from :(