ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Std CD player - code / display - help!

I've just bought a basic standard Renault CD player to replace the tape deck in my other half's 2002 1.2 Authentique. Long story as some may know: I've had a series of nice cars over the years - including many of the hot Mk1 and Mk2 Clios - but am on a bit of a car detox while I have no parking and no commute (bank balance and fitness looking good though since using bikes!!). :)

It's one of the basic Ph2 Mk2 Clios with no display unit on top of the dash (fpr temperature, stereo etc). The CD player I've bought is the sort you get in a Dynamique, which *would* have the display.

Basically, I want to know how easy it is to enter the security code without the display - or whether there's a way around it (e.g. putting it in the freezer)? Surely someone else has done this?

Cheers :)

Clio200 EDC Lux
If you haven't got the display I can't see how you can input the code, even if you do how would be able tune the radio?

clio 182 black /gold
Can you put it in a clio with a display and disable the code? I know on my corsa you could either have the code on or off.

I don't think you can disable the code.

Could I therefore solve the problem by retro-fitting the central display console like you'd find on a Dynamique / Renaultsport model?

What do I need? Display and wiring?

Cheers. :)

Last edited: