ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealthboxes - Any good

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

Are they any good cos the thing is that looking at pics of them fitted to peoples cars, they all seem to be the same size, i.e. the 10 inch one has the same capacity as the 12 inch. surely this isnt good for the sound quality?

172 FF

I got one, but my sub didnt fit in it. So I rang them up & told them about it & they said they would modify if for me to take my sub.

The thing is, it looks like they just put a couple of sheets of mdf on the front to widen it up. So this didnt increase the volume which I really needed.
I asked them why they dont make them deeper as default & they said that they wouldnt be stealth if they did that.
Mine seems to work ok even though its only got half the volume needed. But it probably should be bigger inside.

I think they should make a range called "Fits nicely in the side of you boot boXzs", cos I think people probably want something that looks nice & sounds nice, giving a bit of space rather than something tidgy that doesnt do the job properly.

[Edited by NIN-172 on 03 July 2004 at 12:05pm]

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

yer im not sure bout one really. they actuallt do take up a fair bit of space in the CTRs Ive seen. Emailed them asking them if difference in size between 10 and 12, see what they say. cheers for the help anyways

Passenger side ones are smaller in the mk2 than the drivers side ones, so if you need bigger volume you could try a drivers side one instead.