ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steam cleaning the engine

106 GTi
I would steer clear of both steam cleaners and pressure washers under engine bays.

I tend to work by hand using as little water as possible - I tend to spray AG Engine & Machine cleaner on the parts in question, agitate with a soft brush. Use as little water to rinse it off as you can - even just using a damp microfiber, and dry with a towel. If a part it looks like you don't want to get it wet, cover it with a bag, or carefully avoid it.

Worth a read

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=192320

renault 19 16s
i was looking in to getting this done on the 19..unlike most of youre cars mines built up 13 years of dirt under the engine bay..tried the hand method and it only woks to a certain extent wats the best way to get it back to like new?

Breaking A 172 Replica
Word of warning - Steam cleaned my last engine and it did a bit of damage...

The steam heated some silicone from some connector and this caused the connection to become bad. Engine then wouldn't start.

Sam

RB 182 Cup
ive steam cleaned mine twice and its perfectly alright? completely spotless and then sprayed wd4d over it after

I wouldn't dare do it to mine, if a burst hose can piss water over my distributor and leads and knacker them up then i'm sure steam cleaning/jet washing will do the same. I'd rather do it by hand

RB 182 Cup
if you dont have 1 yourself or no a mate whos got 1, im pretty sure a clean park or a kossivan carwash place would have 1

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Used a small hand held one on mine but only on a few areas and wiped off the residue with a microfibre.

The Karcher hand held jobbies were £29.99 in homebase when I got mine a few weeks ago. Great to use on headlining and carpets too. Probably seats as well if you haven't got leather.

Through being a smoker in my car for 3 of the 6 years of ownership, I got so much black out of the head lining from the steam cleaner and microfibre, even though this has previously been cleaned with interior cleaner.

Mito Sportiva 135
anyone know of anyplaces that do steam cleaning?

close to leeds.

There are loads on Kirkstall road... the road Evo etc are on, loads of small traders and cleaners down there. Can't vouch for their work though I'm afraid!