ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steam/gaming on a mac

Anyone bother using their mac for occasional gaming? If so any opinions on mac specific titles on steam or am I better off just going the route of bootcamp or parallels + windows and getting the PC variant?

Before any of the owners of uber PC rigs decide to chime in I'm not interested on your opinion of the unduitability of a mac vs a PC build. I'm asking with the intention of occasional use and am well aware the Mac is not the best choice for gaming.

Boot cam tbh. I've got steam on my work MBP and none of the games I have are compatible.

Only game I play on my Mac is COD4 and that's in the office with the guys when the boss is out.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Boot camp is the best way, a lot of titles aren't playable on the Mac. Although when I can't be bothered bootcamping it I'll just play Counterstrike: Source on os x

So even titles on the mac specific section of steam wont run in OSX? If that's the case then it looks like bootcamp then.

I'd noticed that it was generally valve titles and a handful of others that looked more like basic ios type games. I was pretty much expecting to have go the route of parallels/bootcamp if I wanted to open my options up.

2.2 bar shed.
Steam. They do some fairly decent games for OSX that run well. Portal/TF2/Left 4 Dead all come to mind. Civ 5 as well?